sravan_ezio
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: 2007.27
Rooted or not: Non rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
I am facing an issue of battery drain after the latest update. On non gaming usage it takes around 4 hrs for the battery to reach from 80% to 20%. Android system is shown as the app that uses most of the battery. Please help with this issue. Device is also heating up slightly when browsing.
screenshot-20200725-150349129.jpg
screenshot-20200725-145311281.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
sravan.ezio

No there is a change in the battery drain time. It's draining faster that how it was before the update. I use my phone always at 90hz but it never had this kind of battery issue. It lasted for quite sometime. But after the new update it's different. I can notice a constant depletion of battery percentage.

Also, attaching an ss from accubattery. It shows 68% health. Do you know why that is?

screenshot-20200725-210726101.jpg

View post
It's impossible for accubattery to guess your capacity based on three charging cycles where you've only charged from 20 to 80%.
Your battery drain issue may be caused by a lot of things. My guess is that one of your apps is keeping the system from entering deep sleep which means that the system is drawing as much power with the screen off as when it's on.
First off, have you restarted your phone? A simple restart could fix the issue keeping your phone from sleeping.
Second, go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.
After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.
Restart your phone again. 
If none of the above works, then you need to factory reset your phone

sakshamsadana
Star I
I also have an ROG phone 2 and the most I use my phone is for 30 min - 1Hr instagram per day and a couple of hours of voice calling. and since the last update my phone's battery has started draining like water in a river.
And the app that uses 90% of battery is "ANDROID SYSTEM". Never happened in an entire year. My phone easily went to 2 days of battery life before last update.