This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen/ Air trigger 3 issue

kangkan
Star III
Been using the airtriggers for shooting and aiming in pubg gameplay only. After a while of use.. the Left Air trigger seem to get activated even when touching any other part of the screen( inside game and even when I have quit the game). I have kept airtriggers disabled in the main settings. I have to restart the phone to fix it. Its brand new Rog phone 3. Bought 2 days back. Issue from day 1. Please help.
I have attached a video where I have checked the touch screen response using "touch screen test" app. The dot appears exactly where I had set my Left air trigger in pubg through game genie.

Version: 8gb RAM 128gb 865+ (sold in India)
Firmware: Android 10(up-to-date), not rooted
Have encountered 4-5 times( 2 days of use)

13 REPLIES 13

kangkan
Star III
Started having similar issue with the Right trigger too now. I have requested a return from the seller (through Flipkart).

Kaimer
Star II
This is quite ridiculous. There's been tons of people asking for help about the triggers for 10+ months now even from ROG2.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/12086/air-trigger-issue/p14
The issue is clearly software if the ROG3 has the same issue as the thread above. Either that or the manufacturing is flawed.

The mods here have been collecting data through logging apps but haven't posted any updates regarding the issue. Like even if there wasn't any fixes yet, at least let us know guys... Come on....

I'm about to purchase the xiaomi black shark pro 3 at this point. I mentioned it before but this time pretty solid on my decision. Tactile physical buttons would probably have less issues than this air trigger non sense. Considering the fact that it was an amazing feature when it worked, I'm really disappointed ASUS!!! 😞

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @kangkan,
Sorry to hear this, having a check.

Kaimer
Star II
Hey @ARP_ASUS
Gustav_ASUS was helping me a couple of months back, I turned in my log files along with a recording of my screen plus a batch of photos of my ROG 2's exterior. Could you by any chance look into if there's been any word on what happened since?