This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery capacity rapidly degrading

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
I activated my ZS630KL-S855-8G256G on 11/24/2019. As of 8/09/2020 my battery capacity is at 83%. I never charge overnight and always immediately unplug after hitting 100%. I've heard about others experiencing the same issue. Is this normal for all rog phone 2? What are my options? Is anybody able to offer any advice or info? Thanks in advance

30 REPLIES 30

anthony_j_comi
Star III
This seems a common thing lately people on XDA saying the same thing and just the other day I was just talking about the same problem I thought it was just me, used iPhones and they degrade about 1% for me in about the same timeframe as this one I can't really say how much mines gone down but I always do the 80% charge thing to keep all my phone's healthy but yeah I have noticed I don't get as much SOT and I've owned the rog for about 6 months now, could be a software optimization thing too??

Smokin_like_a_r
Star III
My estimated capacity falls to 4497mAh. And battery health is at 75%. Rog devices software and hardware sucks.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
If you often stop charging at 80% it will be harder for Accubattery to give a good estimation and even when it gets several charge cycles from 0-100% it as shown to be inaccurate with several of my phones which are of different brands. You must not forget that accubattery uses software to estimate the battery health. If there is a draining issue with your phone then it's less likely that the reading will be accurate.
For those who claim that they have factory reset their phone without any improvement, I say contact ASUS support. Our phones are not immune to bad batteries. It's possible that you had bad luck and got a bad one and if this is the case and you still have warranty then everything will sort out. But most users who experience battery drain or believe that they have bad battery will be able to fix their problem by doing a factory reset. Most of the time it might be enough to refuse all apps from auto restarting, force closing them and then restart the phone.

SoumyaRS
Rising Star II
I still don't understand, how charging your battery to 80% will help increase in battery health?

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

If you often stop charging at 80% it will be harder for Accubattery to give a good estimation and even when it gets several charge cycles from 0-100% it as shown to be inaccurate with several of my phones which are of different brands. You must not forget that accubattery uses software to estimate the battery health. If there is a draining issue with your phone then it's less likely that the reading will be accurate.

For those who claim that they have factory reset their phone without any improvement, I say contact ASUS support. Our phones are not immune to bad batteries. It's possible that you had bad luck and got a bad one and if this is the case and you still have warranty then everything will sort out. But most users who experience battery drain or believe that they have bad battery will be able to fix their problem by doing a factory reset. Most of the time it might be enough to refuse all apps from auto restarting, force closing them and then restart the phone.

View post
Alright I'll give this a try. Obviously sending it out is the last resort. I assume once I do a factory reset I would just install apps one by one? Instead of from a backup?