Battery or AC:
Model: ZenBook DUO UX481FLY
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
I have ZenBook DUO UX481FLY, and would like to use its USB-C port to output video to a second external monitor (HDMI port is occupied by a different monitor). Thus far, I have tried using various USB-C to HDMI\VGA adapters to facilitate said connection, however all attempts have yielded the same results - in which Windows states "Display connection might be limited" and "USB Device Not Recognized". In terms of troubleshooting, I have confirmed the drivers for my USB 3.1 controller (Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft) are up to date, as well as the drivers for all of my display adapters (Intel UHD Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, and ASUS Link Graphics Adapter). Additionally, I have also confirmed my installation of Windows 10 Pro (v2004) is fully up to date.

It is to my understanding that in order for a device to output video via its USB-C port, the USB-C port itself must support DisplayPort ALT Mode - which leads to my ultimate question. Is it at all possible to circumvent the aforementioned issue on a device that does not natively support DisplayPort ALT Mode; or is the issue simply due to a limitation of hardware?

Thanks in advanced!
5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
brandonlyles27

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/101481#Comment_101481

Noted, and thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Does the device support display over one of its USB-A 3.0 ports? Ideally, I would like to use one of the type-A ports to host a multi port HDMI hub to connect two external monitors, then use the onboard HDMI port to connect a third external monitor (again, if possible).

Thanks in advanced!

View post
Hello brandonlyles27,
No, the USB ports on this model does not support display export.
Thank you.