This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery capacity rapidly degrading

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
I activated my ZS630KL-S855-8G256G on 11/24/2019. As of 8/09/2020 my battery capacity is at 83%. I never charge overnight and always immediately unplug after hitting 100%. I've heard about others experiencing the same issue. Is this normal for all rog phone 2? What are my options? Is anybody able to offer any advice or info? Thanks in advance

30 REPLIES 30

Vamp
Zen Master I
kyleashcraft86

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/102207#Comment_102207

I know for a fact that the battery shouldn't be degrading this quickly. If you go under phone info<hardware info you'll see battery version. Is it the same as mine? Wondering if they had a bad batch that MIGHT be covered under warranty

screenshot-20200810-025359636-281-29.jpg

View post
I don't think battery version has anything to do with the batch it has been produces in. I have the same version and I mostly charge to 80% and I have like 8+ hrs of screen time until 2 or 3 % as I mostly use it on 60hz.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Yep, the AccuBattery discussion has been made a lot of times here but few think that its just inaccurate while my 3 other phones having AccuBattery have accurate readings which can be felt with the battery performance they provide.
I'm pretty sure ROG2 batteries are degrading faster than they should.
Leave the AccuBattery aside I can feel it in the backup I'm getting.

Kanu
Rising Star II
It's still decent but nowhere near what it was for maybe about first 6 months of the usage. I got about 7 hrs sot from 90%-15% without any gaming. Netflix YouTube and Instagram and WhatsApp. It's good but not 6000 mah. 60hz for 2 hrs and 5 hrs 120hz btw.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Wondering if anyone has had a battery replacement done at a 3rd party shop or done it themselves. I initially was worried about the quality of a 3rd party battery but seeing as the official asus rog 2 battery is pretty crappy to begin with I would think a 3rd party one couldn't be any worse. Hopefully better

Master
Star III
Apparently my battery is at 83%, but I do use it a lot and charge it a lot.