ibal
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus zenfone max pro M1 / M2
Firmware Version: Android 9.0 (Pie)
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
On a new, out-of-the-box max pro M2 on Oreo, all the functionality provided by the in car entertainment system of the Tata Tiago XZ (updated to latest firmware at service center) was working fine. I only updated the default apps from the android play store to their latest versions. Next I started applying the system updates on the phone one by one and after each update checked that all functionality of the car entertainment system was working or not.
I can now confirm that after updating to Android 9.0 (Pie), I an not able to receive phone calls through the car entertainment system. The phone is paired with blue tooth and the car system is able to play music from phone, even fetch the call logs. However when there is an incoming phone call, there is no ringing of the car speakers, pressing the call receive/reject buttons on the steering wheel does nothing. This same issue also happened on my earlier phone the max pro M1.
2 REPLIES 2

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
ibal

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus zenfone max pro M1 / M2
  2. Firmware Version: Android 9.0 (Pie)
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

On a new, out-of-the-box max pro M2 on Oreo, all the functionality provided by the in car entertainment system of the Tata Tiago XZ (updated to latest firmware at service center) was working fine. I only updated the default apps from the android play store to their latest versions. Next I started applying the system updates on the phone one by one and after each update checked that all functionality of the car entertainment system was working or not.

I can now confirm that after updating to Android 9.0 (Pie), I an not able to receive phone calls through the car entertainment system. The phone is paired with blue tooth and the car system is able to play music from phone, even fetch the call logs. However when there is an incoming phone call, there is no ringing of the car speakers, pressing the call receive/reject buttons on the steering wheel does nothing. This same issue also happened on my earlier phone the max pro M1.

Upgrade to Android Pie partially breaks Tata Tiago ICE integration
Can you tell what is the build number of your device?

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi there, we'd request you to check the below points:
This can be compatibility issue from both Car system and phone, this can't be confirmed as the same level of environment can't be reproduced.
You can be on the version where the system was working fine.
Still, we will try to see if there is an issue with any of the car systems available.
Do note that Any phone running Android support should work without any issues, but due to Google or any app limitation, the system won't sync with 3rd party hardware.
The car system should also have its own set of limitations which you can check with the manufacturer.