This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is twitch streaming is been removed.

cristianoashok7
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2
Firmware Version: 17.0230.2004.60_0
Rooted or not: Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why is twitch streaming is removed. Please add it back.

4 REPLIES 4

ronald1985
Community Legend I
cristianoashok7

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0230.2004.60_0
  3. Rooted or not: Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Why is twitch streaming is removed. Please add it back.

screenshot-20200808-233129340.jpg

Why is twitch streaming is been removed.
I can't answer why it was removed. But it is easy to re-add it back on by installing from Play Store.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
And because you are rooted, you can get an old copy of Game Genie and install that 🤔

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi cristianoashok7,
Due to user-experience issues related to Twitch - we have decided to remove Twitch-integration in Game Genie.
If you need to use Twitch Live streaming feature; please use any of the 3rd party alternatives available to you via the Google Play Store. We are sorry for any inconvenience occurred and thank you for your continued support and patronage.

cristianoashok7
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi cristianoashok7,

Due to user-experience issues related to Twitch - we have decided to remove Twitch-integration in Game Genie.

If you need to use Twitch Live streaming feature; please use any of the 3rd party alternatives available to you via the Google Play Store. We are sorry for any inconvenience occurred and thank you for your continued support and patronage.

View post
Then why is Rog 3 is having "Twitch streaming".
All 3rd party applications are like paying to remove add or logo, and if give permissions, with that they might also steal our data's. I don't trust 3rd party apps for this.
So please add it in the next update.