This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock bootloader after sending it to the service centre for motherboard replacement

kenturky
Star II
So, I bought a Zenfone 6 aka Asus 6z in May, unlocked bootloader, installed a few custom ROMs, and around mid June, it starts giving random reboots, including freezes, and I had to hold the power button for 20 seconds to restart... So I flashed stock ROM, relocked the bootloader, and gave it to the service centre. Got the phone back in a week, and now I'm unable to unlock the bootloader. Unlock App won't work saying it's a network issue. It's been a while, and I'm still having this issue...
The OEM unlock toggle isn't available though, even after enabling developer options. It seems like that toggle disappeared... Any way to get it back?
Model Name: ZS630KL
Firmware Version: Build no: QP1A.190711.005.WW_Phone-17.1810.2003.145
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: NA
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock App version: 9.1.0.11_190708

If you need any more info, just lemme know.
Edit: Someone on Asus zenfone 6 dev group on telegram suggested tagging you guys... @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS
Hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. Thanks in advance...
8 REPLIES 8

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Unlock server seems to be down so my suggestion is not relevant.

kenturky
Star II
ColorSage

Unlock server seems to be down so my suggestion is not relevant.

View post
Unfortunately, yes. The unlock server is down for everyone. I wonder when Asus will get it up and running.

kenturky
Star II
hhop3936

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100299#Comment_100299

it will solved After downgrade to android 9 or not ?? Because i have same issue . My android version is 10 , and I can't unlock the bootloader .

View post
For everyone, the unlock server is down. Looks like we will have to wait till September to unlock our devices.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kenturky

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100885#Comment_100885

For everyone, the unlock server is down. Looks like we will have to wait till September to unlock our devices.

View post
I will send you a PM and ask for your Serial and IMEI numbers