Zenfone 5z Camera Unable to focus

akshayd30
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5Z (ASUS_Z01RD)
Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.87_20200520
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera, Version 5.0.71.0_200117
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
My Asus Zenfone 5Z was working like a charm but due to some recent updates, the camera is not working upto the mark like previous times.
The main problem started coming from end of February after some update, where the primary lens of camera is not able to focus on far distance. Using the pro mode, we still can control the focus for nearby object upto just 15 cm, after that it is completely blur. Seeing the discussion threads, I believe many people are facing the same issue. So clearly it is a software bug.
I have cleared camera app CACHE & DATA in both safe & normal mode, done SMMI test but the issue didn't resolve. In all the apps using camera, the issue is present. I have not done factory reset as some people in discussion have done it and yet the issue didn't resolve.
Requesting Asus to please look into it. The camera is of great quality but users are suffering much from months due to a small bug.
p-20200712-131822.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:
1. Check your phone for latest software version.
2. Go to Camera settings & try changing focus mode
3. Clear cache & storage of Camera App after backing up & disable/re-enable camera App
4. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
5. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup.
6. Last option would be to visit the service center to have
a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

ib_bhula
Star I
Hello tried everything.
Even after factory reset no solution

I have been facing the same situation and was addressed to do a set of checks by online support.
Finally I was asked to take my phone to service centre and they deemed the camera module had to be replaced. ☹️
I don't know why this issue popped on mobile all of a sudden ... And found similar queries from multiple users over Asus Forum

Docchirag
Star II
I have been facing same issue with primary camera focussing started around April -may 2020. Other camera working fine.visited asus service centre nearby. They told me to replace camera which cost around 5500 rs with 6 months warranty only. Why should we pay for this cost as this is the problem occurred due to software updates..asus should take responsibility and come forward for the resolution of issue.