cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint sensor not available

Scrow
Star I
screenshot-20200807-174136708.jpg
Hey everyone. Since updating to to version ZS620KL_WW_100.10.107.92 I noticed that my fingerprint sensor stopped working, and then I checked hardware info and also noticed that fingerprint version also disappeared. I'm wondering if this software or hardware related issue.
Also, already did factory reset, reinstalled de update and tried to downgrade to previous version but it says it's not possible because of timestamp.
2 REPLIES 2

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Scrow

screenshot-20200807-174136708.jpg

Hey everyone. Since updating to to version ZS620KL_WW_100.10.107.92 I noticed that my fingerprint sensor stopped working, and then I checked hardware info and also noticed that fingerprint version also disappeared. I'm wondering if this software or hardware related issue.

Also, already did factory reset, reinstalled de update and tried to downgrade to previous version but it says it's not possible because of timestamp.

Fingerprint sensor not available
It looks like you dropped your device or something other may have triggered coz fingerprint scanner option is only invisible from settings if there is loose connection between fingerprint sensor and motherboard and this is surely hardware issue as factory reset havent helped in your case also m using .92 i dont have any problem here
Inorder to fix this problem kindly take your device to nearest service centre for checkup and get ur problem solved also please dont forget to backup your imp data before submitting your device to service centre
Thanks!😊

Scrow
Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33100/fingerprint-sensor-not-available

It looks like you dropped your device or something other may have triggered coz fingerprint scanner option is only invisible from settings if there is loose connection between fingerprint sensor and motherboard and this is surely hardware issue as factory reset havent helped in your case also m using .92 i dont have any problem here

Inorder to fix this problem kindly take your device to nearest service centre for checkup and get ur problem solved also please dont forget to backup your imp data before submitting your device to service centre

Thanks!😊

View post
Thank you very much for your reply! Sometimes I throw it on the bed but no hard falls lately. I'm surprised it even gets loose. Oh well I'll probably leave it this way. It's not worth being without the phone for a month or more