Screenpad startup mode

mkruse
Star II
System: Zenbook 15
Battery or AC: Either
Model: UX534FTC-XH77
Frequency of occurrence: Startup
========================
Detailed description:Is there any way to configure the startup mode of the screenpad? Having it go to display mode when it's my only mouse seems really counter intuitive. I know I can hit the button to change to mouse, or three finger tap to move around, but it's my only mouse when I'm sitting in my chair working. Opening my laptop and trying to move my cursor only to discover I've launched something on the little screen is a little annoying. I turned it off for a while, but then I realized this little gadget is kind of nice so I want to use it. But the inability to even change an option for what mode to be in feels like a serious error in UI design.
9 REPLIES 9

mkruse
Star II
Bios: 304, last updated 2/29/2020
System Control Interface V2 (driver): 2.2.20.10, driver date 6/1/2020
ScreenXpert Interface (driver): 1.2.7.0, driver date 6/9/2020

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello mkruse,
May you update to BIOS 305?
ASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FTC Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS GlobalThank you.

mkruse
Star II
I'm not sure what a BIOS update will do for a software problem like this. Can you explain how that would change the default configuration of the Screenpad software?

I would be interested in a solution for this too. There should be a way to choose the default mode for the ScreenPad after starting or waking up.

jmthomas722
Star I

I'm interested in how to fix this as well. When starting up the laptop, the screenpad should default to a being a touchpad, especially if there is no mouse connected.

Then we can always activate the screenpad mode if we want to.  touchpad is always needed before screenpad so it should be the default.