asifbarwatiya
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 6z
Firmware Version: .165
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: rare
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): na
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Please read the whole issue!
My phone was working very good, No root nor I did any non sense,
Latest update .165 pop up appeared i preferred not to update coz was scared of some bug and stuff, after alot of prompts,
I updated the device, device finished the update, and after half hour of usage it started constantly automatically rebooting, I dint do anything fearing anything might damage if I try to switch off or anything, after few mins it just switched off and then I plugged into charging (using original charger) and then after few minutes i booted the device by pressing volume down + power key as for the 1st time it dint booted,
Everything in the device was working fine, performed a test from calculator app, but the cameras were not working,
No option to switch to main camera by default wide angle camera in photo and video mode
And in video mode in normal 30fps 4k,FHD,HD on left half side i could see flicker of green and purple colour, (display all fine, facing only in camera app)
But in 60fps 4k, FHD there is no flicker or something its perfect,
And camera is not flipping for some reason
All sensors are working fine
Dropped to service center
After 2 days got a call from engineer he said there is fungus in the motherboard and its a water damage,
Need to change motherboard, flip camera module, and some connectors total 28k
I Never went out in lockdown and I have purchased it on 1 year EMI,
It just ended 20days ago
Its my first premium phone And I am a tech guy, soo i had kept my phone very safely and protecting it
I seriously don't understand how its water damage 😭
@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @CH_ASUS @LP_ASUS

is there anything you can guys help me out anyway please,
Ill provide more details or anything through mail or PM if you need,
I am being honest no lies, Please understand my problem, Its my first premium phone and EMI ended just few days ago
It hurts 😭
4 REPLIES 4

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
asifbarwatiya

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus 6z
  2. Firmware Version: .165
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: rare
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): na

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Please read the whole issue!

My phone was working very good, No root nor I did any non sense,

Latest update .165 pop up appeared i preferred not to update coz was scared of some bug and stuff, after alot of prompts,

I updated the device, device finished the update, and after half hour of usage it started constantly automatically rebooting, I dint do anything fearing anything might damage if I try to switch off or anything, after few mins it just switched off and then I plugged into charging (using original charger) and then after few minutes i booted the device by pressing volume down + power key as for the 1st time it dint booted,

Everything in the device was working fine, performed a test from calculator app, but the cameras were not working,

No option to switch to main camera by default wide angle camera in photo and video mode

And in video mode in normal 30fps 4k,FHD,HD on left half side i could see flicker of green and purple colour, (display all fine, facing only in camera app)

But in 60fps 4k, FHD there is no flicker or something its perfect,

And camera is not flipping for some reason

All sensors are working fine

Dropped to service center

After 2 days got a call from engineer he said there is fungus in the motherboard and its a water damage,

Need to change motherboard, flip camera module, and some connectors total 28k

I Never went out in lockdown and I have purchased it on 1 year EMI,

It just ended 20days ago

Its my first premium phone And I am a tech guy, soo i had kept my phone very safely and protecting it

I seriously don't understand how its water damage 😭

@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @CH_ASUS @LP_ASUS

is there anything you can guys help me out anyway please,

Ill provide more details or anything through mail or PM if you need,

I am being honest no lies, Please understand my problem, Its my first premium phone and EMI ended just few days ago

It hurts 😭

Phone dead, Repair cost 28k 😭 Pls help!
Unfortunately, your local repair center is the best suited to help. If the phone is actually water damaged, then a hardware repair is your only option. I can only provide software help.

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
Buy a new one.... better than paying 28k...

asifbarwatiya
Rising Star II
@LP_ASUS Thanks for the reply buddy!

@kooldude7285 You know the COVID situation right now no money brother, and this was my first premium phone!
It hurts alot!

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
asifbarwatiya

@LP_ASUS Thanks for the reply buddy!

@kooldude7285 You know the COVID situation right now no money brother, and this was my first premium phone!

It hurts alot!

View post
Yeah agree bro.. is it not in warranty?