This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs after the latest update (17.0240.2007.27)

The latest update introduced few bugs. The worst of which is bad battery backup. Earlier I used to charge my phone in the morning 8-9am and it used to last till night 11pm. After this update I have to charge my phone twice a day. UI is also a bit laggy. Entering and exiting a whatsapp chat is choppy. Sometimes the phone even lags while scrolling. Multitasking is so headache. Phone gets choppy and starts heating up. Spending 38k on a device and your device gets buggy after every software update!
4 REPLIES 4

gps5441
Star III
Facing same issue.

ishaan_gupta10
Star III
Im also facing battery issues after the update....

Asus support please help

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
This always happens to a small amount of users with every update. Sometimes it's due to some app. Sometimes it's a bug that occurred during the update because your unique combination of apps and settings.
For some users, it's enough to restart the device. It solves more issues than you would think.
My second tip is to go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.
After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.
Restart your phone. 
If none of the above works, then backup and factory reset your phone. If this alternative is out of the question, then maybe, just maybe your battery drain will be fixed with the next update. Not because we have done anything different but because I've seen users claim that their battery drain was fixed with updates that hasn't included any battery drain fix.

Anders_ASUS

This always happens to a small amount of users with every update. Sometimes it's due to some app. Sometimes it's a bug that occurred during the update because your unique combination of apps and settings.

For some users, it's enough to restart the device. It solves more issues than you would think.

My second tip is to go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.

After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.

Restart your phone. 

If none of the above works, then backup and factory reset your phone. If this alternative is out of the question, then maybe, just maybe your battery drain will be fixed with the next update. Not because we have done anything different but because I've seen users claim that their battery drain was fixed with updates that hasn't included any battery drain fix.

View post
Did everything but battery issue is still there. Device was working fine before the update but after this update, phone is crashing frequently. I've saw many people facing the issue. In my opinion, an update is needed for fixing these issues.