Vinit
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5
Firmware Version: Android 9
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I accidentally dropped my Zenfone in sink and now the screen has gone black. I tried the usual, soaking in rice...didn't work. I can see that the phone charges. Also, the phone has the wifi and bluetooth connection on as well and it connects to my smart watch so I can see on the watch when someone calls. I can also use the desktop version of messages and Whatsapp.
I am just not able to unlock the phone using the pin. When I connect the phone to a computer via USB, I can see it connects but the files and folders are not visible.
Not sure if the USB debugging is enabled or not. Any idea how to check if the screen is black?
Any way I can unlock the phone and extract the files and folders?
Thanks a lot guys!
1 REPLY 1

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Vinit
Thank you for your asking. First of all, to avoid any misunderstanding, can you confirm some details with me as below?
What do you mean "dropped my Zenfone in sink"? Sinked into the water?
If the device did sink into the water, to everyone who faces the same issue, please note that the safest way to do is SHUTDOWN your device, turn the dehumidifier to the STRONGEST level, put your device next to the dehumidifier in a enclosed space, and PRAY for the next 24 hour. Try to turn on your device after 24 hours the device staying with the dehumidifier.
[Phone/Pad] What to do if the phone is damp or soaked in water ? | Official Support | ASUS Global
If the screen is black, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs