This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus zenfone max Pro m1 .063 update Extreme battery draining problem.

rohitashva_dong
Star III
Hello Asus,

I have been facing extreme battery draining problem since I updated to the latest version .063. This update has ruined my mobile experience. I m getting 1 hour of screen on time and that is perhatic. Mobile is also heating a lot. Average temperature of my mobile remains around 43°C. It feels apps are battling to each other inside the mobile all the time. Even if I don't use my fully charged mobile for 7hours (during sleep), my battery goes to zero.

Charging time has also pethatically increased. It takes forever to charge if I keep my internet on during charging. Buttttt when I turn off the internet connection, mobile gets fully charged in approx 90 minutes only. And if I use my mobile during charging (while keeping data on) , charging percentage decreases instead of increasing.

Everything is fine except this issue. I love this phone, it used to be really great in terms of battery performance. Please fix this problem in next update or I'll have to sell my mobile.

Note: last 2 updates (.061 and .063) ruined the experience. And battery was working superfine in previous versions prior to .061.
67 REPLIES 67

nponda
Star III
Same experience - battery has started draining like nuts for no identifiable reason. Happens even in airplane mode. In fact it seems to be worse in airplane mode. Tried everything possible including clearing cache partition, uninstalling apps and whatnot and wasted lots of time.
Extremely frustrating experience with asus. It's amazing how they can release update with such critical bugs unless they're trying to deliberately get rid of customers.
This kind of experience one will definitely remember while purchasing a new phone. And if this is not fixed real soon, would need a new phone very soon. This kind of battery drain is going to kill the hardware including battery super quick.

rohitashva_dong
Star III
nponda

Same experience - battery has started draining like nuts for no identifiable reason. Happens even in airplane mode. In fact it seems to be worse in airplane mode. Tried everything possible including clearing cache partition, uninstalling apps and whatnot and wasted lots of time.

Extremely frustrating experience with asus. It's amazing how they can release update with such critical bugs unless they're trying to deliberately get rid of customers.

This kind of experience one will definitely remember while purchasing a new phone. And if this is not fixed real soon, would need a new phone very soon. This kind of battery drain is going to kill the hardware including battery super quick.

View post
Well said. Same thing happend to me as well. That problem affected my battery really badly and it got swollen within a month. And when I installed a new battery (I couldn't get an original one because of no service centre, so I purchased a good quality non OEM battery), phone heating issue and battery drain issue was still there. So I finally changed my mobile because I was afraid of battery explosion. And I am pretty sure, all that problem started after the new update.

prithvi_2255
Star III
qromodynmc

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100859#Comment_100859

If asus doesnt have service in your area, probably others wont have either. You should have stayed at stone age.

View post
this is not the right way to talk. i live in mumbai but asus service centre is very far from my place, the fastest mode is local trains, but they are not working for normal people.
should i take 600-700 rupees ola and go service centre ?
they release updates as if they dont have any knowledge about the things and then blame the users.

akashjac236
Star II
Victor0_ASUS

Please follow below steps may improve battery backup: 

1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)

2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)

3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)

4. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,

5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

Recalibrate battery

To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.

then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).

charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.

now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.

keep the phone unused for 5 mins.

you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.

View post
It's not working sir.i have the same problem form the .63 update please quickly fix it

mailtompmani
Star II
If Battery drain in idle not in switch off condition wait for any security update. If battery drain even in switch off condition better immediately change the battery. My battery drain in switch off mode around 20 days. Later battery become bulgy on edges and gape between the screen and panel. Then went to service center they said need to change the battery. july 29 they order the battery at the cost of 1800rs. then yesterday call me and come to change the battery. After battery replacement idle battery drain issue fully solved.