This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable apk

Cenimm
Rising Star I
I would like to have the possibility to disable/uninstall some or all to be able to use what ever apk i want without be forced to have it on the phone.
Phone
Google Maps
Gallery
File manager
Google pay
Weather
YouTube
Google
Clock
Camera
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Cenimm

I would like to have the possibility to disable/uninstall some or all to be able to use what ever apk i want without be forced to have it on the phone.

Phone

Google Maps

Gallery

File manager

Google pay

Weather

YouTube

Google

Find device

Clock

Camera

Disable apk
You will be able to disable most of these. The ones you can't disable, you can just simply hide the app.
If you really want to remove the apps because you can't disable them, then rooting your device is the only way.

Cenimm
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32923/disable-apk

You will be able to disable most of these. The ones you can't disable, you can just simply hide the app.

If you really want to remove the apps because you can't disable them, then rooting your device is the only way.

View post
The apps I wrote I can't do something to and I don't want to hide it I want to get it off the phone or disable.
Hate that I'm forced to use/have apps I don't like or just don't want have it because it's better apps out there.
Why root? I loose warrenty for that.. And It can't be so hard to allow me or other to remove apps that's just in the way.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Cenimm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/101153#Comment_101153

The apps I wrote I can't do something to and I don't want to hide it I want to get it off the phone or disable.

Hate that I'm forced to use/have apps I don't like or just don't want have it because it's better apps out there.

Why root? I loose warrenty for that.. And It can't be so hard to allow me or other to remove apps that's just in the way.

View post
That's strange, I can disable phone app and YouTube app no problem. Is the disabled button greyed out?
Root is the only way to entirely remove the app if you don't get an option to disable. Unfortunately, there's no other way and it is how Android works.
I can't think of any other Android devices that doesn't come with Google because Android is Google. You can try Hwawei or Apple next time as it won't have the Google stuff on.