This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5 ZE620KL - Bricked -> No USB-debugging, No recovery, No ROM, No unlocked bootloader, No ADB

qotsa73
Star I
Hi,
I don’t know how I got into this mess. Here is the situation:
All I have access to is “fastboot mode”. I can see serial number from powershell when I use command “fastboot devices”.
I do not have access to:
Recovery (stock or custom)
ADB
Developer options or any OS (to enable USB-debugging, it is disabled)
An unlocked bootloader. (tried to unlock it but failed, I guess it requires the unlocking app or adb access (which requires enabled USB-debugging)
When I try to boot recovery.img or anything else with fastboot commands on powershell, it fails.
I can provide you with any further information if needed. Can someone help me out? I just want my phone back, I promise I won’t mess with it again😅
Thanks in advance...
0263c11e-ad44-48bd-ac40-4b3672602c09.jpeg

19 REPLIES 19

Rickkk
Star III
Have you tired to flash signed boot and recovery img with fastboot?

qotsa73
Star I
Rickkk

Have you tired to flash signed boot and recovery img with fastboot?

View post
Hi,
I’m a noob when it comes to these topics, but when browsing through internet to find solutions, I saw that signed imgs actually can work in a situation like that
I have not tried flashing signed imgs, I couldnt find those files, could you help me with finding them?
All I’m looking for is having a phone with stock rom and stock recovery (if better TWRP or CWM would be ok too) back again, so related versions of those files (or at least guidance for where to find them) (and if possible a brief decription of what I should do with them (I know the basics) step by step ) would be great...
Thank you so much, waiting for your answer though. Have a good day...

Rickkk
Star III
Which firmware version were you using?

If you send me your email address I can send you those signed images.

Or I can explain how to get them, but it takes a little time if you've never done it before.

qotsa73
Star I
Rickkk

Which firmware version were you using?

If you send me your email address I can send you those signed images.

Or I can explain how to get them, but it takes a little time if you've never done it before.

View post

Hi,
I couldnt figure out how to send private message, so here is the e-mail address.
I dont know what the firmware exactly was, but I was using WW (from europe) Android 10 when phone got into a bootloop, and then when I tried to save it, everything got messed up, the ROM and the recovery got deleted, so I need both now.

I have been using the WW Android 9 Pie for a long while with all the latest updates, and then I downloaded the stock ROM for Android 10 from the Asus website and upgraded the phone.

So, if you think its stable, and its ok to use Android 10, its ok with me as well, otherwise you can pick the most suitable one. As for the recovery, you can also pick the suitable one.

Hope I could provide enough information about the situtation, let me know if you need more. Thanks again. Awaiting your reply...