Bootloader Unlock app not working

jamiecoltart
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus_X00TDB (ZB602KL)
Firmware Version:OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1808.326-20180828
Rooted or not:No
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus official unlock app.
Im trying to unlock my bootloader but everytime i run the offical app I get an error "an unkown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. Please wait and try again".
I have been trying for the last few hours with the same result both connected to wifi and over 4G. A google search shows others are having this issue. How can it be recified as the only reason i purchased this phone over other was the advertised ease of unlocking the bootloader. Any help would be appreciated.

========================================

17 REPLIES 17

jamiecoltart
Star II
screenshot-20200731-165208.png
attached screenshot

jamiecoltart
Star II
Update:
I have updated manually to WW-16.2017.1912.060 firmware and done a factory reset but the unlock app still gives the same result. the other issue perhaps related is when i check for system updates on the phone none come up. The phone is brand new and never been unlocked before.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi jamiecoltart
Due to further processes involving personal information(SN), please check your inbox and reply to the PM.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear friend
After checking with the relevant team, the issue is now under investigation. For people who purchased the device from authorized reseller, first hand device and never rooted or unlocked your device, please wait for my reply in this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused.