Ionut_Adrian
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2007.27
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: almost everyday
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not app related
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=======================================
While normally using the phone, the screen suddenly goes crazy , and every touch i make it does a totally different action. If i just touch the screen the notification panel drops down, if i swipe down it opens a random app and so on. Couldn't record anything because I couldn't drop the notification panel on purpose and when I try to press record from the shortcuts it wont recognize the touch input. Also it kind of remedies only if i lock the phone or after restart.
12 REPLIES 12

Ionut_Adrian
Star I
It started doing this only after the last update. I will try to attach a video as soon as i can get one of what is happening.

Titan_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
@Ionut Adrian Could you please help provide information as below? Thanks
1. After phone reboot, how long does it last for the phone "under control"? (since you mentioned it is a kind of remedies) 
2 Is it possible for you to make the phone access Safe Mode to test if this issue persists? (Long press power key > tap and hold "Power off" > Tap "OK" to access safe mode)
3. Could you please use another phone to make a video clip for this issue? Thanks.

Ionut_Adrian
Star I
Of course. I will try to do it as soon as i can, sorry dor the late reply.
However it is happening randomly

Not applicable
Ionut Adrian

It started doing this only after the last update. I will try to attach a video as soon as i can get one of what is happening.

View post
It happens with me when i use my device while charging. Although in my case few spots on screen have fast touches like it will tap on screen automatically while my finger is steady in that spot. You will know when you see the video i attached. @Anders_ASUS
@TITAN