This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus zenfone max Pro m1 .063 update Extreme battery draining problem.

rohitashva_dong
Star III
Hello Asus,

I have been facing extreme battery draining problem since I updated to the latest version .063. This update has ruined my mobile experience. I m getting 1 hour of screen on time and that is perhatic. Mobile is also heating a lot. Average temperature of my mobile remains around 43°C. It feels apps are battling to each other inside the mobile all the time. Even if I don't use my fully charged mobile for 7hours (during sleep), my battery goes to zero.

Charging time has also pethatically increased. It takes forever to charge if I keep my internet on during charging. Buttttt when I turn off the internet connection, mobile gets fully charged in approx 90 minutes only. And if I use my mobile during charging (while keeping data on) , charging percentage decreases instead of increasing.

Everything is fine except this issue. I love this phone, it used to be really great in terms of battery performance. Please fix this problem in next update or I'll have to sell my mobile.

Note: last 2 updates (.061 and .063) ruined the experience. And battery was working superfine in previous versions prior to .061.
67 REPLIES 67

debabhishek27
Star I
My phone shows serious drainage of battery while in idle mode. The battery life of my phone has been drastically decreased as it gives only 3 hrs SOT as compared to 8 hours earlier. I was on build no. 063 when my battery life was too good. Then I updated to 082 where the problem started. Asus executives asked me to update to 084 and so I did but it didn't solve the problem. Then I upgraded to android 10 beta 3 version and then again downgraded to android 9 060 version and then back to 063 in a hope that this might resolve my issue but still the battery drains around 20-25 percent while in idle mode.I have tried literally everything wiping cache partition, factory resetting , upgrading downgrading but nothing seems to fix the problem. You guys seriously need to understand that it is my primary device and I want you to report your concerned team immediately and bring an update to soon fix my problem within this week. This is extremely disappointing from asus.

prithvi_2255
Star III
debabhishek27

My phone shows serious drainage of battery while in idle mode. The battery life of my phone has been drastically decreased as it gives only 3 hrs SOT as compared to 8 hours earlier. I was on build no. 063 when my battery life was too good. Then I updated to 082 where the problem started. Asus executives asked me to update to 084 and so I did but it didn't solve the problem. Then I upgraded to android 10 beta 3 version and then again downgraded to android 9 060 version and then back to 063 in a hope that this might resolve my issue but still the battery drains around 20-25 percent while in idle mode.I have tried literally everything wiping cache partition, factory resetting , upgrading downgrading but nothing seems to fix the problem. You guys seriously need to understand that it is my primary device and I want you to report your concerned team immediately and bring an update to soon fix my problem within this week. This is extremely disappointing from asus.

View post
exactly i agree with you !

rohitashva_dong
Star III
debabhishek27

View post
Bro, if possible please again downgrade to Android 9 0.60. 060 is the only stable version which gives optimum battery life. And one more thing, idle battery drain problem kills the battery life very rapidly. It made my phone battery swollen within a month. I didn't know how to downgrade my OS to 060 otherwise i would have done so immediately.

pvkrishnanunni
Star III
debabhishek27

View post
Agree with you. 063 has good battery life. From 082 battery is draining drastically. My SOT also reduced to 6 hrs from 8.30 hrs

faiz01287
Star I
Same problem here .takes long time to charge.and not getting 6 hr onscreen time