Yulius_Mai
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: 100.10.107.70_20200320
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Please help Camera not focus, just can take near area only
P51VQU20D8FN.jpg

J8FWYM3ZXMDI.jpg

170 REPLIES 170

ariel_villa
Star I
I'm also facing the same issue here in Brazil. Somewhere after the update, the camera just got blurry. Have already tried to reset, clear cache etc without success. I've waited some time, in order to buy Asus some time to fix it. But today I've installed the WW-100.10.107.92 and the issue remains. It has been 2-3 months now.
If the firmware upgrade, really physically damaged the hardware. I expect a recall from Asus ASAP.

rjdinap
Star I
Another victim here. Blurry focus on telephoto lens, Wide angle lens is fine. Stared somewhere 1-2 months ago. Phone has not been dropped ever.
I think they have a flaky batch of camera modules prone to failure over time. For me, if you smack the top of the phone a few times with your hand (somewhat hard) when its blurry, it will start to focus again for a few days.
Rebooting in safe mode didn't make a difference when blurry.
Trying a different camera app from the google play store didn't make a difference when blurry.

chirayu416
Star I
Same problem here. Downgraded to Android P, same issue. Upgraded to latest firmware, same issue. Asus needs to acknowledge and fix this blurry camera issue. Else they are losing a whole lot of customers- I have had a Zenfone 2, 3 and this 5Z. But no more Asus for me!

Mritz
Star II
Today on 2nd of August 2020, I received the new WW_100.10.107.92_20200715 update. The phone had automatically downloaded the package so, in hopes that the camera-issue would be fixed after the new OTA-patch I proceeded with it.
The camera focus-issue still persists even after the new update. Did ASUS forget to work on the bug, or did they really damage the camera-hardware through a faulty-update before? 😕
Same here I reckon. No more ASUS products anymore. It's causing too much trouble in my creative business workflow.

tantiyarohit56
Star II
Mritz

Today on 2nd of August 2020, I received the new WW_100.10.107.92_20200715 update. The phone had automatically downloaded the package so, in hopes that the camera-issue would be fixed after the new OTA-patch I proceeded with it.

The camera focus-issue still persists even after the new update. Did ASUS forget to work on the bug, or did they really damage the camera-hardware through a faulty-update before? 😕

Same here I reckon. No more ASUS products anymore. It's causing too much trouble in my creative business workflow.

View post
Same here, I had to stop all my OpenCV programming by this problem. After having a long long conversation with the representative - no immediate fix. Apple fixes and acknowledges their own mistakes pretty fast, Should have bought one in the first place. No Asus phone for my friends and family for a long time now.