Did you mean: 

Connection Issues - No Service and No Wifi

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: PPR1.180610.009WW
Frequency of Occurrence: This is the second time it happens
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Hi, For the past few weeks, my ASUS ZENFONE 5Z has been disconnecting from my mobile network and it is impossible for me to find it again. I have tried using other sim cards, restarting, checking the SIM CARD status, going on airplane mode and back and nothing has happened. On top of that, I am also unable to connect to my perfectly working wifi networks (I have tested them and my laptop connects to them just fine). The first time it happened, signal came back a few hours later but it is now the second time I am faced with this issue and since I work from my phone it has become a very big hindrance and risk. What can be done to solve this issue?
16 REPLIES 16

vadimerenburg
Star I
Hello, same started to happen to my Asus Zenphone 5 phone as of 3 days ago (7/30/2020), phone worked well for 11 month i got it brand new from Asus store. Now with a 2 weeks left on warranty this crap happens, phone keeps losing Cell signal, sometimes reboots and sometimes does not want to charge up (WIFI seems to be OK).
What the heck is going on? If Asus can't or won't fix this for me, then good bye Asus and hello Iphone. Yes double the price but Apple has great support service not just reboot or reset your settings.... and has a store, come in drop the phone off and pick it back up same day or in 1 day all fixed or phone replaced with no issues. But with Asus, I need to call in for RMA or something like that, mail\ship my phone, wait till it is fixed (if it is fixed) wait until it is mailed back to me which means no phone for a couple of weeks. Asus should pay for overnight shippong at minimum for their warranty customers. That is absurd in 2020 to be without a phone for 2 weeks or so. Asus needs to step up their game or Asus will fall down the list to last place. I had an iPhone, last year this time switched to Asus phone, I now see this was a mistake.
PS: Yes I called Asus on 7/30/2020 only thing the tech said was reset phone to factory settings (no help there) and Asus back if this does not help. Yes I tried all of the fixes listed above and from other forum suggestions, still having an issue. My SIM CARD works just fine in other brand cell phones. But as of 4 days ago stopped working in Asus, my phone is very well taken cared of, never dropped or abused..... It is also crazy that I a customer need to trouble shoot the issue myself. Will call Asus right now to see how to ship my phone to them.
My Asus CASE # - N200798461
I expect Asus to honor the warranty in full and fix this software or hardware issue.
Vadim.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi vadimerenburg
Thank you for your asking. Because you already tried the Factory Reset and stay-at-home troubleshooting tips, kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Please try SMMI test 
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>SIM Card Test/SIM Card2 Test/SIM Signal Test/Wi-Fi Test
If any of the SMMI tests fails, kindly bring your device to the nearest ASUS repair center for device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs
2. Did the device break or fall before?