This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Mobile data for VoLTE calls via secondary SIM

Ashesburn
Star I
I have purchased Asus Rog Phone II in the month of Jan '20, since then I have been using two SIM cards, JIO & VODAFONE.
I became a big fan of the feature "Use Mobile data for VoLTE calls via Secondary SIM", though I had a combination of VoLTE 4G+ Advanced LTE on Jio and just 4G on Vodafone in my circle, with the data enabled on Jio in SIM 1 slot. When I used to make calls using the non data enabled SIM which is Vodafone, automatically it used to switch the data to onto Vodafone 4G with a H or H+ symbol.
This feature worked fine until I received Android 10 update on the phone, since the update version: 17.0240.2004.9 and version before that with Android 10, this data switch feature stopped working irrespective of location where I am taking calls.
More over, I have been having serious issues on Vodafone number, I do not get the calls. It appears to be switched Off most of the time unless I switch the data to Vodafone.
I have contacted Vodafone carrier, raised a complain which went until porting to Airtel with a last minute cancellation with assurances given by Vodafone, They have replaced the SIM card 3 times, changed the plan and also got my number re-activated as a fresh customer. Nothing worked.
This issue started only after the Android 10 update, where in I started to have issues with Incoming calls on vodafone though I have the network it appears as switched off and also the feature "Use Mobile data for VoLTE calls via secondary SIM" which used to work with a combo of VoLTE 4G+ Advanced LTE on Jio and just 4G on Vodafone, data switching stopped working.
Kindly suggest on these two issues. I have performed Network reset and restored the phone as well to factory defaults.
Regards,
Ashwin
6 REPLIES 6

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @Ashesburn,
The network isntability plays an important role when the network is being switched. Now coming to your point. H or H+ cannot be stable enough.
I would recommend you to visit a nearest service center where this thing can be checked in detail.
Due to the lockdown, service centers may not be functional. Kindly call the service center before you visit one.
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

Melqui
Zen Master I
In Brazil, low level Samsung smartphones has VoLTE, super powerfull ROG II not!!!! Unbelievable!