This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating issue ROG Phone 2 SOLVED, at last for me.

Schischu
Star II
Hello guys,
I have my ROG Phone II for almost a year now, and it was always awesome, and I never had any issues with it. But some weeks ago I started to have the same heating problems as some of you.
Issues I had:
high CPU and GPU temperatur (around 50 °C at idle and after short use, even for watching YouTube went fast over 50 °C)
Combined temperatur around 40 °C at idle and over 50° while usage

The Games started to lag, but at last Phone never shut down
The Battery drain has increased dramatically ( I had to charge it up to 2 times a day, before it was 1 time for almost 2 days)

I was at the edge to send it back. But before I did, I remembered that the problems started short after I changed some RGB and lightning settings at Armoury Crate.
At first there was no issues. But slowly my Phone started to getting hotter and also the battery drain got higher and higher.
I turned all lightning settings off and let only the X-Mode ON.
whatsapp-image-2020-07-17-at-22-11-17-281-29.jpeg

IMMEDIATELY i felt a change. The Phone doesn't overheat anymore, the battery drain went step by step back to normal. I have no more laggs in games.
MY ROG PHONE II IS BACK TO NORMAL

Try it out, if you have similar problems and post your results her. I don't know if this is the cause for the heating problems for everyone but it solved my problem.
When I was desperate I tried to find help here, so I hope that this will help some of you.

12 REPLIES 12

Sami
Star I
Schischu

Hello guys,

I have my ROG Phone II for almost a year now, and it was always awesome, and I never had any issues with it. But some weeks ago I started to have the same heating problems as some of you.

Issues I had:

• high CPU and GPU temperatur (around 50 °C at idle and after short use, even for watching YouTube went fast over 50 °C)
  • Combined temperatur around 40 °C at idle and over 50° while usage
  • The Games started to lag, but at last Phone never shut down
  • The Battery drain has increased dramatically ( I had to charge it up to 2 times a day, before it was 1 time for almost 2 days)

I was at the edge to send it back. But before I did, I remembered that the problems started short after I changed some RGB and lightning settings at Armoury Crate.

At first there was no issues. But slowly my Phone started to getting hotter and also the battery drain got higher and higher.

I turned all lightning settings off and let only the X-Mode ON.

whatsapp-image-2020-07-17-at-22-11-17-281-29.jpeg

IMMEDIATELY i felt a change. The Phone doesn't overheat anymore, the battery drain went step by step back to normal. I have no more laggs in games.

MY ROG PHONE II IS BACK TO NORMAL

Try it out, if you have similar problems and post your results her. I don't know if this is the cause for the heating problems for everyone but it solved my problem.

When I was desperate I tried to find help here, so I hope that this will help some of you.

Heating issue ROG Phone 2 SOLVED, at last for me.
Thank you, it worked! As i started thinking if my phone is damaged. But after shutting all lights it came back all to normal

WaitingKy
Rising Star I
Congrats. I think you should send your phone to asus to have your system lighting removed from your phone so you can be sure your phone never catch heating problem anymore

Schischu
Star II
Sami

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32068/heating-issue-rog-phone-2-solved-at-last-for-me

Thank you, it worked! As i started thinking if my phone is damaged. But after shutting all lights it came back all to normal

View post
I'm happy it worked with your Phone to 😁. Let's see if anyone else can solve this problem by turning the light setting off.

Schischu
Star II
WaitingKy

Congrats. I think you should send your phone to asus to have your system lighting removed from your phone so you can be sure your phone never catch heating problem anymore

View post
I would like to know it this is a common problem or just a irregular case. I hope more people will share their experience here.

Sami
Star I
Schischu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98076#Comment_98076

I'm happy it worked with your Phone to 😁. Let's see if anyone else can solve this problem by turning the light setting off.

View post
Update: it worked only for a day, now this problem has gotten even worse. I cant even play heavy games for above 5 minutes. It shuts down as it reaches 70°C