This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just going to say it - loss of headphone jack sucks

long_gregg
Star I
I'm just going to say it even though there is nothing I can do about it. The loss of the headphone jack is a tremendous disappointment to me. This phone was tailor made for it. It has a big screen and a huge battery which makes it a prefect media consumption device. I don't game at all and I love this phone. Even MKBHD gave it a very favorable rating last year for this reason alone. I would often sit at my desk with my comfortable headphones on watching YouTube and Netflix on slow days on the ROG2. No worrying about charging bluetooth earbuds and nothing jammed in my ear canal which invariably hurts after a while. And if you are actually a gamer I can't but imagine that a wired headphone and mic would be very much a preferred option. Really believe this was a big mistake. I can't see any reason to have done this with a phone that has plenty of room to keep the jack.
38 REPLIES 38

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100416#Comment_100416

You not using the jack doesn't mean people don't use it, does it? I use and i bet 80% of rog2 users use it instead of charging dumb bluetooth headphones.

View post
Exactly. Bluetooth headsets are still not properly matured for gaming. Not to forget degrading batteries of Bluetooth headsets over time and micro latency issues . Btw Blackshark 3s is now announced and has the good old jack.

Not applicable
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100417#Comment_100417

Exactly. Bluetooth headsets are still not properly matured for gaming. Not to forget degrading batteries of Bluetooth headsets over time and micro latency issues . Btw Blackshark 3s is now announced and has the good old jack.

View post
Seriously, taking care of one more battery is just not the thing for me. I am lazy to charge the bluetooth headphone and just use 3.5mm jack in my phone to play games.

NBPDC505
Star III
Not saying people don't use it, I'm saying I don't and many others. This "battery degradation" sounds like an excuse to upgrade to me. I must use a headset dual paired to both of my phones for work so it only makes sense. Can't help if people are "too lazy" to make a 3 second plug in a chore.

Not applicable
NBPDC505

Not saying people don't use it, I'm saying I don't and many others. This "battery degradation" sounds like an excuse to upgrade to me. I must use a headset dual paired to both of my phones for work so it only makes sense. Can't help if people are "too lazy" to make a 3 second plug in a chore.

View post
I mean why bother charging one more device becide your smart phones. Thats just like worrying about 2 batteries instead of one.

NBPDC505
Star III
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100421#Comment_100421

I mean why bother charging one more device becide your smart phones. Thats just like worrying about 2 batteries instead of one.

View post
I mean, why carry something with a cord on it when you don't have to?