This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF A15 506IU Screen Flickering

compgeek89
Star II
System: ASUS TUF A15 FA506IU (Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660TI, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Battery or AC: Both
Model: FA506IU
Frequency of occurrence: Varies, as little as every few seconds
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I'm getting screen flickering on my new TUF A15 (received 6/17 from Amazon.com -- sold by Amazon). I have done many hours worth of troubleshooting and resets now, including:
A few factory resets
Using the original drivers, updating to the latest ASUS nVidia & AMD drivers, and updating to the latest game-ready NV drivers
Whenever I would reset the OS, it seemed to go away indicating to me it was a software issue. My first thought was drivers, but even when I did not update the drivers from factory it would still pop up, but I believe I have identified the issue.

Current config:
GeForce driver: 442.92 (Studio Driver), updated via GeForce Experience
AMD chipset driver: 26.20.14048.2 (Obtained from ASUS, used AMD cleanup utility in safe mode as prescribed)
All other drivers and BIOS are latest from ASUS
If I install Windows Sandbox (via Windows Features control panel), I get screen flickering. If I disable Windows Sandbox, I get no flickering. I also read that someone had the same issue with the Windows Hyper-V feature. It seems like there is some kind of conflict between the software/drivers on the A15 and Windows virtualization features. I've turned the feature on and off multiple times just to confirm, and invariable I get screen flickering when it is on.
is anyone else able to confirm this issue with virtualization features on the A15? If this is universally an issue, it's definitely something that needs a fix, at least for my usage.
28 REPLIES 28

taha_feroz
Star I
I also purchased tuf a15 FA506II on 5/7/20 since than it was working fine ! But yestarday i started noticing that my screen is flickering i tried almost every possible solution on the asus FAQ solutions but did not work !
Even i reinstalled the whole OS with latest drivers and still i'm facing the issue !
I think there is driver issue that asus should look into !

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @taha.feroz ,
May you record a video of the issue to let our technical support to identify the issue?
Thank you.

taha_feroz
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello @taha.feroz ,

May you record a video of the issue to let our technical support to identify the issue?

Thank you.

View post
Yes i have recorded the issue few times i'm attaching it but it seems like its getting worse with the time ! and now my brightness does not go up fully it fluctuates a lot !!!
And i'm not able to attach the video since i'm a new user of asus community guidelines ! can you please suggest me something how can i attach the video ?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @taha.feroz ,
Please provide the video in the PM I send you.
Thank you.

taha_feroz
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello @taha.feroz ,

Please provide the video in the PM I send you.

Thank you.

View post
I have sent the video please check your inbox !