This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was low on battery, turned off and now keeps rebooting while charging.

Jeronimo
Star I
Info:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro
Firmware Version: Not sure but it's Android up to date (July 2020)
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time while charging
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
I was using my Zenfone 5 selfie pro as usual when it suddenly turned off, it was low on battery but it was >5% so i wasn't expecting that to happen. Then when I connected my charger it showed the charging screen, then it turned off, then showed the charging screen, then turned off and so on... This keeps happening.
Also the LED that indicates if it's charging is off. I tried with other 2 chargers (which worked on other phones) and the same happened.
I have had this phone for about 2 years so maybe it could be that the battery has finally given up, but I would really appreciate some insight into what might be happening.
I would be thankful for any help you can give me, or your experience if you've had this same problem!
10 REPLIES 10

cruz_jazon69
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi cruz.jazon69

Thank you for your reply. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

A. Update your firmware version to the latest version

B. Change adapter and cable

C. Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:

0. Try to back up your data with USB cable

1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"

2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key"

3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen

4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Factory data reset"

5. "Reboot system now"

#Hardware Reset Guide

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the situation remain the same after the hardware reset, because your device once suffered a strong physical impact, please bring your device to the repair center and follow the diagnosis of the local engineer.

View post
My phone cant enter recovery mode and i did the volume down + power button and nothing's happening it only show asus logo then vibrates then it will go shutdown, but when i press volume up + power button it will enter fastboot mode and it will stay like that as long as i wont press the power button to shut it down and the service center said that my battery was the problem and i need to pay 60$ and i need to wait atleast 1 month