This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Clarified] ROG II Ultimate Band 71 and VoLTE T-Mobile?

penguinsquad
Star II
Will the ROG II Ultimate include Band 71? Its almost a requirement for T-Mobiles future network roll outs this coming year.
Also will there be support for T-Mobile VoLTE this time around?

Original ROG Owner
36 REPLIES 36

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi

Band 71 is unfortunately not supported - and the same with T-Mobile VoLTE.
VoLTE generally requires the support and testing from the operator side as well and not something we can just reliably "enable".

strumer373
Star I
Ouch. I was so excited to buy this phone and jump ship from Samsung. I'm glad someone finally asked this and actually got an answer though.
Any plans on supporting all of T-Mobile's bands with the Ultimate edition? Or maybe a T-Mobile launch for that version? I really want to still get this, but unfortunately at its core it's still a phone and I don't think I'm willing to sacrifice network performance. If not, I hope that this is something Asus considers if there's a Rog Phone III. Hopefully that phone is still as amazing as this one too and has a headphone jack.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II

strumer373

Ouch. I was so excited to buy this phone and jump ship from Samsung. I'm glad someone finally asked this and actually got an answer though.

Any plans on supporting all of T-Mobile's bands with the Ultimate edition? Or maybe a T-Mobile launch for that version? I really want to still get this, but unfortunately at its core it's still a phone and I don't think I'm willing to sacrifice network performance. If not, I hope that this is something Asus considers if there's a Rog Phone III. Hopefully that phone is still as amazing as this one too and has a headphone jack.

View post
It may sound like a simple thing to "just make a t-mobile version" but generally that depends even more so on the operator - rather than purely on Asus.

strumer373
Star I
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/17305#Comment_17305

It may sound like a simple thing to "just make a t-mobile version" but generally that depends even more so on the operator - rather than purely on Asus.

View post
Well, there's always hope for next year. Don't let me down Asus! I hope the Rog Phone 2 sells well in the US so we are in a better position for this in the future.