Ai charging issue

hi... anyone have issue with the ai charging??.. In my device the battery is getting charged before the scheduled time..Even after the latest update no change..Even i have tried in soft mode.. Any suggest me some troubleshooting.

Comments

• Hi
    Which firmware are you running on your Zenfone 6?
  • CH_ASUS said:
    Hi
    Which firmware are you running on your Zenfone 6?

• Thank you, we'll take this back to our developers as well.
  • This depends on a few factors. Let's take a hypothetical situation
    You've set your charging times from 11PM to 7AM. 
    Now, the phone could be charged to full depending on the following situations
    1)  You plugged the phone on charge at exactly or near to 11 PM, then the AI charge will do its job and charge slowly but it also has to ensure you have full battery till your scheduled morning time.

2) You've not used too much of battery and are left with a decent amount of it at the time of plugin (40 ish percent)

Let's not forget that the AI charge is not capable of ensuring less than full charge within your time limit. It only ensures slow charge. The solution to this would be that you set the charge end time 3-4 hours ahead of your plug-out time (If you unplug the charger at 7AM, set the time to about 12PM)
  • CH_ASUS said:
    Thank you, we'll take this back to our developers as well.
    please do it
  • CH_ASUSCH_ASUS mod
    edited August 2019
    CH_ASUS said:
    please do it
    Are you able to share a bit more about the behavior you are seeing?

For example if you set "end time" to 8AM.
    When did you find the phone being fully charged already? This is so we can check if your case is expected result from the system or a bug.
  • CH_ASUS said:
    CH_ASUS said:
    please do it

When did you find the phone being fully charged already? This is so we can check if your case is expected result from the system or a bug.
    last night i have set the time from 2am to 9am (22%) ... The mobile charges normally by 2 hrs.. when i check the mobile at 4am its fully charged by that time..
  • CH_ASUS said:
    CH_ASUS said:
    please do it

last night i have set the time from 2am to 9am (22%) ... The mobile charges normally by 2 hrs.. when i check the mobile at 4am its fully charged by that time..
    any update on this 
  • CH_ASUS said:
    CH_ASUS said:
    please do it

any update on this 
    The provisional solution to this problem has been mentioned in my previous post. You can use that till any further official updates come from the mods
  • CH_ASUS said:
    CH_ASUS said:
    please do it

How is the status for the recent days? Does it always have your phone charged by 4am (although I understand you may not wish to check every night). As mentioned the mechanism is supposed to charge your phone to 100% before (not stricly only at) your "end time".

• CH_ASUS said:
    CH_ASUS said:
    CH_ASUS said:
    please do it

How is the status for the recent days? Does it always have your phone charged by 4am (although I understand you may not wish to check every night). As mentioned the mechanism is supposed to charge your phone to 100% before (not stricly only at) your "end time".

hi there.. rightly said but my scheduled charging time ends at 5am if i plug my device post 5am still it goes for scheduled charging which slow downs charging i guess. here is the screenshot. i plugged in at 5.17am but still scheduled charging started it should not happen.. right? 

• People should not be delusional. It's micro-charging that kills battery. So normally a phone shuts off at 100%. But then what happens a while later? It drops to 99% and charging starts again. Rinse, repeat all night long. That is what kills batteries. AI charging with all due respect does not do anything differently and does not eliminate micro-charging. It's that constant charge and heat that shortens life span of batteries. I wouldn't use the feature. Just unplug and don't leave overnight. That's HI (human intelligence). 
  • I don't think this is the way charging works. First, any kind of charging at 80% is much safer for battery than 100%. Second, after reaching 81% (with that battery saver) I don't see any power draw difference over time  when phone is in deep sleep (average 0.05A) or with screen on when it draws significantly more (0.2-0.3A). That makes me think phone takes all power it needs directly from charger, not battery. Therefore, I don't think there are any 'micro chargings' and this tool can help the battery last longer. Used USB Tester to prove it, not any kind of software. Ultimately, there is an electrician who knows more about this @evnchn - I kinda want to hear what he'll say.
  • CH_ASUS said:
    CH_ASUS said:
    CH_ASUS said:
    please do it

i have checked even yesterday ...same happens.. mobile gets charged normally before the scheduled end time.  i think there's some bug on my ai feature..hope its gets fixes in next ota..  @[email protected]_ASUS can u please forward this to your developer team and fix in next ota.. 
  • Keeping the phone at a set % whether it's 100% or 80% or 60% or 90% makes no difference! If the battery falls below that point and charges to MAINTAIN that % then guess what? There is current. There is charge. If you're telling me that AI gets to say 80%, then shuts off completely and doesn't try to stay at that percent and then begins charging later to reach 100% then that is a different conversation. Most phones lose 5% or more overnight so I think you can do the math.

• i have noticed one mire thing @CH_ASUS .... when i turn on scheduled ai charging im getting the notification in panel - scheduled charging is on... but after some time i mean after 10mins when i check my phone that notification is disabled. I think system is killing the feature when the phone is kept idle..

• Well, it can but while charging the phone draws all it's power from a charger. So it will not use 5% overnight. Even if a battery would lose charge that fast on it's own one recharge by 5% near 80% will use about 0.02 charging cycle where the same amount at 100% would use more like 0.2 cycle. The battery wear curve is not linear. Li-Ion hates being charged to maximum.