[Clarified] FM radio

john.kissanejohn.kissane Level 2
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
One of the reasons I got the 6 was the FM radio. It works but I seem to have to turn it on/off three times before it starts playing? Could somebody check this to see if it's some weirdness with my phone or a bug.

Comments

• Works fine here! Try to wipe FM Radio's application data.
  • I tried that but didn't make any difference apart from having to add the stations again. The radio works works but I have to turn it on/off a few times which is strange. 
  • VS-KRVS-KR Level 4
    What do you mean by "before it starts playing" ? You have to turn it off 3 times before you hear the "scraching/tuning" radio sound ?
    Don't forget to choose the correct antena band and note that by default, radio output is on headphone, not on speaker of the phone !
    Also, try the app outside with the headphone in your hand !
  • I mean I turn on the radio & get silence, turn it off, then on again & maybe it works but if I repeat a third time then it always works. 
  • I mean I turn on the radio & get silence, turn it off, then on again & maybe it works but if I repeat a third time then it always works. 
    Not sure it is related, but could you try to turn on Outdoor Mode (audio) and then turn if off again.
    Then a reboot, and then try FM Radio?
  • I tried that but had to do the on/off sequence again before I heard anything through the headphones. It's very strange, never works on the first attempt, sometimes works on the second but always on the third.
  • I'm trying some things here on a device as well;

Could you try to go into FM Radio app - and dont exit it. (Check your volume is not muted)
    Just wait.
    Does the audio come after perhaps 6-7 seconds?
  • just wait it takes 4-5 seconds before you hear anything.. its kinda delayed but it works
  • After my phone scanned for stations, it started playing after a 5 second delay or so. This was the first time I had ever launched the app.
    I'm located in the US, FW version .189.
  • Hello folks.  I am unable to find the fm radio. Where is it located. I am on 191. From India 
  • Hello folks.  I am unable to find the fm radio. Where is it located. I am on 191. From India 
    It's only accessible through Quick settings. If you don't have it click edit button.
  • john.kissanejohn.kissane Level 2
    edited September 2019
    CH_ASUS said:
    I'm trying some things here on a device as well;

Could you try to go into FM Radio app - and dont exit it. (Check your volume is not muted)
    Just wait.
    Does the audio come after perhaps 6-7 seconds?
    Yes that was it, sometimes there's a long pause but it does turn on eventually. My last phone was a Zenfone 5 where the FM radio always started immediately which is why I didn't expect the delay. Sometime it starts playing immediately on the 6 which was what made me think there was something strange going on.
  • working fine 189EU
  • Fm is not playing even after delay in India. Only cracking sound is heard. No clear playing of stations.
    Please do something.
  • Fm is not playing even after delay in India. Only cracking sound is heard. No clear playing of stations.
    Please do something.
    move a bit outside...
  • VS-KRVS-KR Level 4
    edited September 2019
    Fm is not playing even after delay in India. Only cracking sound is heard. No clear playing of stations.
    Please do something.
    The buttons of the apps |< and >| allows you to listen to a station with a correct reception quality.

• I am from the Czech Republic too. Do you really have firmware version EU_16.1220.1908.189_0, or do you have WW_16.1220.1908.189_0 as all EU purchased ZenFone 6?

See this post: https://swedroid.se/forum/threads/snabba-fragor-snabba-svar-zenfone-6.165775/page-59#post-2478510

• hi :D i see.. and have WW

• VS-KRVS-KR Level 4
    edited September 2019

How is it if you try in Safe Mode ?

https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-69795-1-1.html

• The same happens to me (I'm located in Rome, Italy), when I click on the icon I have to wait for awhile (5-6 seconds) before the sound appears. But it's not the only issue I've experienced: while I'm listening to the radio normally through earphones, the sound disappears again for 5-6 sec. and then returns!!! I hated it! I've had in the past Zenfone 2 & 3 (Zenfone 5 same issues like Zenfone 6!) and I've NEVER encountered such issues...

This discussion has been closed.