Major Problems I found in 6Z after 5 days of usage

2»

Comments

• I just noticed that when the bottom speakers starts distorting, a restart fixes the problem for sometime. Speakers distortion maybe a software bug then.
  • _jis__jis_ Level 5
    I just noticed that when the bottom speakers starts distorting, a restart fixes the problem for sometime. Speakers distortion maybe a software bug then.
    Sure, it is.
    @Kris_ASUS already said: "Hi @architgenius, For #2 & #3, we'll push a fix plan in next FOTA."
  • _jis_ said:
    I just noticed that when the bottom speakers starts distorting, a restart fixes the problem for sometime. Speakers distortion maybe a software bug then.
    Sure, it is.
    @Kris_ASUS already said: "Hi @architgenius, For #2 & #3, we'll push a fix plan in next FOTA."
    This post was just to provide additional feedback regarding the issue. I know they are working on it and hence the feedback.
  • Does any body have when is the next update we are getting.....some of the competitors have already August patch but still now we are using the June patch
  • _jis__jis_ Level 5
    Does any body have when is the next update we are getting.....some of the competitors have already August patch but still now we are using the June patch
    I think Asus had to rethink his priorities due to the HW problem raised by the 167 update. Therefore, Asus soon released patch 174, but had no time to include new security patches. Next update should arrive later this month, at least I read it here on the forum in the moderator reply.
  • Totally agree on number #2. The earpiece is terrible, especially if the person your talking to is using speaker or are in a loud environment, I often struggle to hear what people are saying. Also #3. The sound of the speakers are too distorted and if you turn the volume to max the sound breaks and you hear rattling mechanic sound from the bottom speaker. This needs an improvement of some sort, if that's even possible. Still the best phone I've ever had though!?
  • Totally agree with that.
    One more issue while i am in traffic with earphones and without earphones when i am on a phone call... Many people reported they can hear background sound more than my voice.
  • Totally agree with that.
    One more issue while i am in traffic with earphones and without earphones when i am on a phone call... Many people reported they can hear background sound more than my voice.
    That has to be some faulty noise cancellation.
  • KrishKrish Level 2
    Okay. But are you hearing buzzing sound while talking to someone due to loose camera module?
    try "calibrate camera angle" option
  • m4n15h.r4w4tm4n15h.r4w4t Level 2
    edited August 2019
    I've already done that multiple times.

• Lets wait for the fix asus promised. I just fear 1 thing that they may reduce the volume to fix the issue.
  • testsvc1testsvc1 Level 1
    edited December 2019

I highly doubt there are only a few users with this loose camera rattling issue. It seems like a design flaw. Even the reviewers at Android Central noted it:

"I'm starting to notice a slight wobble with the sensor even when it's not engaged. The motor itself still engages smoothly, and I haven't run into any issues, but I am worried about long-term durability."

• Yeahits a design flaw. That's why I am not buying any phone with a similar mechanism ever again...

This discussion has been closed.