ZS630KL keeps crashing after the latest OTA update (ver *.167)

13»

Comments

• Day by day...Asus 6z issues list has increased ,I don't know...why Asus is not taking care for this time.
    Still automatic restart problem not resolved till date.
  • I have got my phone a few days back. I am still testing it. But I don't trust the phone nor the brand anymore. Asus is a cheap garbage of an organisation that provides its customers with cheap garbage products. And they are a cheat brand because they loot the customers money with their disgusting policies.
  • janpatjanpat Level 1
    edited August 2019
    My repaired. Today he returns from the service center, the repair took a week. But I will see it fully functional after a few days or today.
  • 5hreenit5hreenit Level 1
    edited August 2019
    ankur.kar said:
    Same here in India . I was assured that I would get the phone this week. Called yesterday and they told me they still didn't receive the part but assured me that I would get it this Monday. But I really doubt them as their assurance is as pathetic as their policies.
    Hey Ankur, did you get your phone? Looks like I'm in the same boat. My phone just died out of nowhere. It's just a month and I think I was one of the unfortunate ones to have this. Have to go to the service center. I'm from Bangalore too.
    I'm dreading this big time. @Anders_ASUS Really need some solution here. If this can be escalated to priority with the service centers, that would really be helpful. Sucks to have paid almost $600 and to have a dead phone with no proper support.
  • I have to report my happy news. I had same issue. The service centre in chennai changed my motherboard and the firmware was replaced with 133 version. As soon as I put in Sim card it upgraded to 174 version. As of now for last 18 hours there has been no crash. Thanks to Arun from Regersys Chennai for rectifying. Only one issue I noticed is that battery drain is slightly more. Maybe it will settle down. 
  • Guys even I had the same issue for 3 days i.e phone getting restarted by itself, some times even restarted 5 to 6 repeatedly. 

Then I took off one sim n disabled the WiFi n data for one whole day, surprisingly phone didn't get restarted by itself till now for the past 2 days.
  • I purchased my zenfone 6z in the end of june and after a few day's of usage my phone kept crashing and restarting on it's own. I gave my phone to the service center located in borivali (mumbai), they said that the phone could not be repaired and they will have to ship this phone to their service center in dadar (mumbai) and the whole process will take 14 days... after 14 days i get my phone back and i expect it to work... the same day i took my phone back it started restarting again,

After this i again went to the service center and this time too they took 14 days all over again and still till date my phone keeps restarting and crashing... It's been a month now and i have completely lost faith in your service centers and the service you provide.

I am sick and tired of writing mails, calling the helpline number and travelling to and fro the service center, I do not think that you possess the quality and expertise to repair the device you have created. 

So i request that you either find a way to repair this faulty phone that i have or replace it.. Trust me i will be happier if you refund the money but again you will say that the refund is done only within 10 days... 
  • I went to asus service centre they said it maybe due to FOTA update which was not installed properly. I believed and this guy installed firmware and told me to analyse the device for 2 days. Unfortunately it got restarted the day itself. From all this threads i guess it would be motherboard issue. But i dont understand why this happens. My guess after heavy usage its getting heaten up and restarting. Anyways worst decision i ever made. I am at service centre only trying to update another firmware one more time. Dear Asus you should have your manners. 
  • I went to asus service centre they said it maybe due to FOTA update which was not installed properly. I believed and this guy installed firmware and told me to analyse the device for 2 days. Unfortunately it got restarted the day itself. From all this threads i guess it would be motherboard issue. But i dont understand why this happens. My guess after heavy usage its getting heaten up and restarting. Anyways worst decision i ever made. I am at service centre only trying to update another firmware one more time. Dear Asus you should have your manners. 
    Not only you, i have the same problem... for 28 days they kept the phone and couldn't do shit with it... just reset the device and os and give it back even after telling them countless number of times that it is a hardware issue...
  • These ASUS people are too cheap of a brand to initiate recall on this pathetic device they have produced and they are cheat enough to not initiate a refund. ASUS if you are even bothered to listen, then initiate the refund and take ur phone from all the users who have faced this issue and want a refund. No one accepts a refurbished/repaired phone within one month of buying it. I have demanded my refund.
  • ankur.kar said:
    These ASUS people are too cheap of a brand to initiate recall on this pathetic device they have produced and they are cheat enough to not initiate a refund. ASUS if you are even bothered to listen, then initiate the refund and take ur phone from all the users who have faced this issue and want a refund. No one accepts a refurbished/repaired phone within one month of buying it. I have demanded my refund.
    What is the refund process, i was told that they won't refund or replace my device... I think we all need to get together and file a complaint in the consumer court so that this can be voiced, either they should fix the problem or their products should be banned... as simple as that
  • When ASUS hides behind its policies, then a legal action is the only solution left. I totally agree with a complaint to the consumer court. I am not sure, but i don't think this issue is highlighted at a global level yet. Everyone should know what kind of a shitty brand ASUS is. High price low quality product producing company is what is ASUS.
  • kmskms Level 1
    Hello friends, I am Brazilian and unfortunately imported the Zenfone 6 from China, and the phone out of the box already presented the problem, did not even an update and Smartfone started to restart with a few hours of use, this problem is not related The upgrade, and my country does not even offer warranty for being an imported product and not yet being released in my country very sad this situation.
  • kms said:
    Hello friends, I am Brazilian and unfortunately imported the Zenfone 6 from China, and the phone out of the box already presented the problem, did not even an update and Smartfone started to restart with a few hours of use, this problem is not related The upgrade, and my country does not even offer warranty for being an imported product and not yet being released in my country very sad this situation.
    Please contact your seller. You still have a warranty with them
  • same here apps crashing not able to do any work .

This discussion has been closed.