Bad Call quality remains after last update WW-16.1220.1906.167

pedrommbarros1pedrommbarros1 Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

I have the same issue with last firmware, bad bad call quality sound. 

I think is poor now than the previous firmware, i have to use a external earphone to talk with the person or constantly, "hum, hum hum, what do you say?!?!?"

I think is time to ASUS call all phones to factory and replace the call speaker of all phones, this is not a software problem, this is a hardware problem and the only way to solve is change.

I don´t believe with software they can solve the quality sound because de hardware (speaker) can´t do better.

Thanks

Comments

• Yes. I have also updated it yesterday and still the issue persists. Also the night mode is having trouble in capturing indoor images under very low light conditions. Picture capturing time is very less and it is not having enough time capture all the light. 
  • gramkumgramkum Level 1
    After the last update the  LEd notification is missing except low battery and charging
  • First time i buy a Asus phone and a lot of issues...
    I think go use again "my old" oneplus 5 and wait for a resolution from Asus 
  • Now I understand why the quality of sound during a call is so bad, the speaker is inside the flip camera, the sound comes from a hole and when the cam is in the normal side, to the back, the hole is not directly to your ear stays leaning against the back of the phone, which makes the sound not clean and no quality and can never be as many upgrades as it will never be straight to our ear as all phones are!
    The only way to get a good quality in call is during call open the cam and put your ear in the hole and see the difference! The phone is great but with this hardware issue is a tablet not a phone!  
  • We're still looking into how we can improve the earpiece clarity further. 
  • gramkum said:
    After the last update the  LEd notification is missing except low battery and charging
    For which app? I get led notification with whatsapp on my ZenFone 6
    Please fix this. This whole call quality issue is ruining the beautiful phone.
  • Yes for WhatsApp No Led notification
  • Pocket mode is also not working m able to unlock my phone in my pocket
  • Adaptive brightness os very slow and inconsistent sometimes work but most of time doesn't
  • SaranSaran Level 2
    Adaptive brightness os very slow and inconsistent sometimes work but most of time doesn't
    I can feel this too
    We think we have finally found a way to improve it but I don't know how long time it will take. 
    Never? Do you get led notification for other things? Can you try to reinstall WhatsApp? I always get notifications with my WhatsApp so I might just be a thing on your device
    I will ask if this will be fixed with next fota
  • Adaptive brightness os very slow and inconsistent sometimes work but most of time doesn't
    This is how it works. It learns what brightness you want at different light conditions every time you manually change it. It will work better with time. 
    We think we have finally found a way to improve it but I don't know how long time it will take. 
    That's totally okay. Please take your time but fix it!! I will be waiting!!
    Never? Do you get led notification for other things? Can you try to reinstall WhatsApp? I always get notifications with my WhatsApp so I might just be a thing on your device
    Issue look resolved thanks
    I will ask if this will be fixed with next fota
    Yes please it's urgent. It called randomly from my pocket.
    Hi
    We have made several improvements to the receiver quality during phone calls. The latest ones being in .189 (WW) or .191 (IN). Could you help check again - as we have gotten confirmation from some users that the quality has improved?
  • CH_ASUS said:
    We're still looking into how we can improve the earpiece clarity further. 
    Hi
    We have made several improvements to the receiver quality during phone calls. The latest ones being in .189 (WW) or .191 (IN). Could you help check again - as we have gotten confirmation from some users that the quality has improved?
    Yes it has improved. Will keep updating about it.
This discussion has been closed.