How is everyone's GPS?

Androiduk2016Androiduk2016 Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
I've read a few comments on the forum here about people's GPS (unclear what country) being inaccurate. What has other people's experiences been with their phone? Google maps, running apps etc...
Hopefully we can get some good responses so that if there is a problem, ASUS can see it. 
Thanks! 

Comments

• GPS Test shows quite good accuracy to me, up to 3 meters near window, 10 meters minimum. 
  • yes it looks just fine in India Mumbai 
  • the issue is not related to gps precision, but the compass orientation while walking
  • Androiduk2016Androiduk2016 Level 1
    edited July 2019
    the issue is not related to gps precision, but the compass orientation while walking
    So if the compass is not optimally designed, that will impact on Google maps etc etc?
    Potentially the compass is not optimal in the 6?
  • i think its a sw issue, not hw
  • I was walking today with google maps and everything was fine. What's the problem exactly?
  • ColorSage said:
    I was walking today with google maps and everything was fine. What's the problem exactly?
    There's a few comments on this forum where people are really struggling with its accuracy
  • ColorSage said:
    I was walking today with google maps and everything was fine. What's the problem exactly?
    Check here: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/8076/gps-accuracy-is-really-bad#latest
  • ColorSage said:
    Check here: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/8076/gps-accuracy-is-really-bad#latest
    Thanks. I saw this but there was no admin or mod input so I created a fresh thread to prompt this and to hopefully get some more user input
  • ColorSage said:
    Thanks. I saw this but there was no admin or mod input so I created a fresh thread to prompt this and to hopefully get some more user input
    Yeah, it would be nice if mods were a bit  more active. Just like my feature suggestion thread. No answer like "Okay, I appreciate your feedback, will ask devs" or "Nah, this will never happen due to sth". At least firmware is pretty stable to me. More on topic: It seems it doesn't affect all Zenfone6s. Maybe you have some weird case? 
  • edited July 2019
    It's a fact that AZ6 have a lot of problems: screen flickering at low brightness, GPS positioning and accuracy, ear speaker quality, rattle camera module, the sudden death of a lot of devices. All the problems are reported here, XDA, Swedroid... And Asus are silent as dead!
    Im experiencing all of the troubles. Well atleast my phone is still alive... ?
    This is my first and definitely my last Asus device!!!
  • It's a fact that AZ6 have a lot of problems: screen flickering at low brightness, GPS positioning and accuracy, ear speaker quality, rattle camera module, the sudden death of a lot of devices. All the problems are reported here, XDA, Swedroid... And Asus are silent as dead!
    Im experiencing all of the troubles. Well atleast my phone is still alive... ?
    This is my first and definitely my last Asus device!!!
    And I'm experiencing none except camera rattling but I was aware about it since the beginning. Screen OK, GPS OK, earspeaker OK, sudden death not occured. Maybe all of these problems come from that "motherboard issues" and they are not consistent across every device and quality control is the culprit. Every device has its problems, just go to Troubleshooting sections. I'm not saying that everything is alright because certainly isn't but I don't think that these problems come from bad design. People happy with it don't usually post as much on forums.
  • edited July 2019
    People are blinded by the greatness of their devices and dont want to admit that they are screwed themselves by buying this phone. 
    On my AZ6 even the SIM card/ Memory card holder rattles when its closed. The display is faaaar away from 600 nits of brightnes. 
    I have bought two phones, one for me and one for my wife and both have absolutely the same problems, including rattling SIM/ Micro SD slot.
    My wife said that she dont want to use, i quote: "This useless brick", i must get rid of her phone now. I will sell mine also. For me 2 faulty devices of 2 is 100%.
    What i want is people to make a noise witch will make Asus to admit the problems with AZ6 and do a steps to resolve them! 
    Or may be Asus knows very well about the AZ6 faults and because of this its nearly impossible to buy it?
  • Sorry to hear that. Maybe I'm the lucky one because again - no SIM/microSD rattling sound whatsoever. If you had two of these with the same problems it probably means there is a faulty batch from the factory. Which is unacceptable. You should've returned them. 
  • edited July 2019
    I have bought my phone from online store in my country (Bulgaria) because oficial Asus retailer not selling it, but i really wanted this phone. My wife's phone i bought it from other online store in Romania. Romanian store approved returning of the phone and tomorrow they are sending a courier to take it and they will restore my money.
    About my device... Well... Maybe i will keep it for now because it is the only device that have a 3.5 jack, Micro SD, notification LED, FM radio, SD 855, LCD display (although it is bad on direct sunlight and still have screen flickering, barely visible but is here), no notch. Rattle of the SIM/Micro SD slot ocurs only when i knock on it, still unacceptable! Camera rattling- kinda get used to it. Other problems (excluding the dead phone if its hardware related issue) i think can be solved by Asus dev team.
    One more time- the people must make a noise to wake up Asus and to make them to resolve the problems with the AZ6 as soon as possible!
  • edited July 2019
    I must apologize about the late replies. It's not that we do not want to reply but we, the mods have been focusing on the ROG Phone II launch while some have been on vacation.
    I have tried to reply your concerns below to the best of my knowledge

1. GPS and compass. These should perform similar to most phones. There will for sure be some that are better but there are also a lot of phones that are worse.  For a more in depth reply, check my reply in https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/8076/gps-accuracy-is-really-bad#latest 
    2. Screen flickering at low brightness. I  have seen a couple of reports but we're selling a lot of ZenFone 6 and I still haven't seen any video showing this issue. I would welcome a video as I have not been able to replicate the flickering myself
    3. Earpiece/receiver quality. Most reports comes from India where the environment can be very noisy and we're still looking into how we can improve the call clarity at higher volume.
    4. Sudden death. This has only happened to a couple of devices but it will of course sound like it is a common thing as the owners like to share in forums.
    5. Rattle from the SIM/SD slot. The only rattle noise I am aware of should come from the camera module and maybe the buttons which have floating design. Please send me a video of this and I will forward it.
    6. Faaar away from 600 nits. You may feel that it is not 600 nits but all reviews which have measured the display brightness has measured up to 600 nits.

• AxelAxel Level 1
    we're selling a lot of ZenFone 6
    Sorry for going off topic but may I ask you when we will see a wide availability of the phone, especially when we will get the silver one? There are no shops where we can buy it since weeks, at least here in Europe. This is really annoying.
  • Axel said:
    we're selling a lot of ZenFone 6
    Sorry for going off topic but may I ask you when we will see a wide availability of the phone, especially when we will get the silver one? There are no shops where we can buy it since weeks, at least here in Europe. This is really annoying.
    I wish I had a good answer to offer you. The availability is a problem which we're working very hard on solving. We regrettably made some wrong choices which made an impact in the efficiency of how many units we can produce. This is what we're trying to correct. 
  • I can confirm poor compass reception. Once I record a proof, I will create a thread.
  • ColorSage said:
    I can confirm poor compass reception. Once I record a proof, I will create a thread.
    Please reply in the already existing thread for GPS/Compass issues. I really want to find out if this is a real general issue and not just for a couple of devices.
This discussion has been closed.