auto rotation issue

kooldude7285kooldude7285 Level 3
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
still sometimes auto rotation doesn't work in youtube unless restarted.. even after latest update. 167..

Comments

• Im facing same problem
  • How often do you experience that auto rotation doesn't work and does this only apply to youtube? Can you please check more apps next time this happens before you restart the device?
  • How often do you experience that auto rotation doesn't work and does this only apply to youtube? Can you please check more apps next time this happens before you restart the device?
    this happens with whatsapp as well. this happens 20% of the time.. 
    this happens with whatsapp as well. this happens 20% of the time.. 
    When it happens and you exit that app, has auto rotation stopped in all apps? Does it make any difference if you toggle the auto rotation button?
  • I can confirm this issue. Toggling doesn't work but camera detects orientation correctly. For me it is system-wide. File Explorer, browser, youtube etc none of them changes orientation properly.
  • ColorSage said:
    I can confirm this issue. Toggling doesn't work but camera detects orientation correctly. For me it is system-wide. File Explorer, browser, youtube etc none of them changes orientation properly.
    ..Aand it fixes all by itself after some time in my pocket. No reboots.
  • ok, I will ask if anyone knows about this internally or if I need to ask you for a bug report to find out what could be wrong. 
  • I also face the same issue....needs immediate fix cause rotation is primary for media consumption... others we can wait but not this one
  • GamerArcGamerArc Level 2
    edited August 2019
    I am also facing the same auto rotation issues. Sometimes it just doesn't work at all inside apps.. there is 100% some software bug.
  • facing the same issue ,in browser ,in youtube and also in whatsapp
  • I have sent you a PM with instructions on how to create a log which will help us find why you're having this issue
  • ...189  EU .. i have the same problem ... autorotation have bug, error in camera and then album photo .. only a restart will correct the functionality
  • ...189  EU .. i have the same problem ... autorotation have bug, error in camera and then album photo .. only a restart will correct the functionality
    Are you able to explain a little bit more indepth what is happening and how this bug manifests?
  • vlasta.vasicekvlasta.vasicek Level 2
    edited September 2019
    the photo does not rotate when viewing photos. the same bug is then made when shooting. the camera remains fixed. the phone does not respond to flip. it does not help turn the auto-rotate button on or off.  the error occurs sporadically. it is not possible to determine when they will appear and when they will not. but you need to turn the phone off and on.
  • I think the auto rotation bug has been fixed now. I am no longer experiencing any stuck screen when it should roatate by default.
  • Is anyone else still experiencing rotation issues on a daily basis?

• I don't use auto rotation, but I am using rotation toggle on navigation bar often and it works flawlessly. It has not failed once in the past 3 months.

• I have no problems with rotation toggle nearly 6 months now, but I am not using rotation toggle on navigation bar anymore because I am using FNG navigation control so I am using rotation toggle now as an FNG gesture (because I have no navigation bar displayed on screen).

This discussion has been closed.