ViLTE or Native Video Calling

Comments

• Thanks @kinguntas23! I did not expect that a phone sold in India (via Asus's official partner Flipkart) would come with WW SKU. Anyways, mine has a WW SKU and so I just updated the firmware manually (without any data wipe). Voila! now the loud speaker quality seems to have been improved and there is no crackling noise. Kudos to Asus. Will anyways use the phone for a few days to see if the issue had really been sorted out completely.
  • Thanks @kinguntas23! I did not expect that a phone sold in India (via Asus's official partner Flipkart) would come with WW SKU. Anyways, mine has a WW SKU and so I just updated the firmware manually (without any data wipe). Voila! now the loud speaker quality seems to have been improved and there is no crackling noise. Kudos to Asus. Will anyways use the phone for a few days to see if the issue had really been sorted out completely.
    manually downloading full rom and updating did not wiped anything?
  • manually downloading full rom and updating did not wiped anything?
    No. I manually downloaded the update and moved it to the parent directory in internal storage. Then a device restart would trigger an update notification. Installing it is very similar to that of an ota update. 
  • ya it did not wiped anything,
    thanks
  • At the moment, having the same ROM for India, EU, Japan and Russia is the best choice for faster updates. 
    Hi Anders,
    I thought that since the ROMs are the same for India, EU, Japan and Russia, the updates would be released simultaneously. Looks like that is not the case with the recent update 1908.189. I could see that it has been released only for WW, EU and JP and not for IN and RU. I have a 6Z in India and haven't got the update yet. Could you please clarify as to why there is a delay for Indian variants?
    P.S. Please excuse for cross-posting on a different thread for a different question. I just wanted to quote the previous comment.
    It's not necessary that if you bought the phone in India, it would have the IN SKU. Most phones have WW SKU (Worldwide).
    To check SKU, go to Settings > System > About Phone > Build Number
    You will find your SKU there. If it's WW, then just manually flash the new FOTA.
    If it's IN, it should take a couple of days, maybe a week, based on previous trends.
    manually updating full rom will wipe all the data from the phone
    No man, it won't. I updated to 156 manually so telling from experience, nothing of this sort will happen ?
  • Kyle7Kyle7 Level 1
    edited August 2019
    what do you mean by native video calling? You want a video feature like face-time built in into ZenUI? We're running close to stock android and android doesn't have this. You're supposed to use your favorite IM app
    Hey Anders_Asus
    If you want I could provide you with screenshots from Xiaomi, Samsung, Oppo, Realme or OnePlus devices detailing what that means..
    Why we really need it is cause it allows users to make video calls to other devices whose carrier supports VoLte without the need of an active internet connection..
    Did you hear that? you could make a video call without an active internet connection. Which means you could turn off your mobile data or Wi-Fi and still be able to make a Video call and it is not a gimmick like .....?
    It could be extremely helpful during a lot of situations in India cause the connection isn't good enough at times.
    And about the same ROM for RU, EU, JP and IN excuse you were making, adding this feature as an option will not turn the device into a Nuclear bomb and destroy Earth. So, please stop giving excuses we are totally tired and frustrated seeing how things are being handled.
    With the new Zentalk we have now started to at least get proper response from people who are now able to understand us a lot better, but that doesn't mean you'll only keep replying without fixing our problems.
  • Kyle7Kyle7 Level 1
    edited August 2019
    Also I think you new Zentalk has an issue while editing post. Similar to what happens when you press the insert button while editing a code in turboC or Sublime text, but worse.
  • what do you mean by native video calling? You want a video feature like face-time built in into ZenUI? We're running close to stock android and android doesn't have this. You're supposed to use your favorite IM app
    Sorry But MI A1 is having this Feature which is also on Android Stock only.
  • Don't bother requesting anything here my friend.

Nothing's gonna change..

Just exchange your phone on Flipkart with Redmi's new flagship or when Realme's flagship gets released.

Their OS skin is far superior and provides all the features we ever needed.

No need to come begging on Zentalk anymore.

Problem solved

Thank me later.

• they dont care about indians i think

• Aryan202Aryan202 Level 5
    edited September 2019

Afaik one plus too doesn't support vilte

Btw good luck with Redmi and realme,the k20 pro is bad I've tried it (while gaming there are ghost touches and sometimes it doesn't register touch)the touch latency has been fucked up.Miui looks like a illegitimate child of iOS and kitkat.

What can you expect from xiaomi they tried to fix poco's hardware issue with software updates and realised a year later to repair affected devices.

Asus is damn honest here.We directly get answers if we're getting a particular feature or not and why now. For example 480fps on Xiaomi is utter shit and is achieved by software interpolation which Asus has decided against using (again wise move)

Also ads in the fcking UI man.

And realme sure.no development on that thing and that's another failed iOS copying experiment.color os 6 is very janky and has fps drops(I'd rank Zen UI 5 higher than that color os shit) Both of their update cycle suck and they break more things in updates rather than fixing them. And realmeme can never be a flagship neither can be Xiaomi

Asus is a lot better compared to both .

ZEN UI actually looks heaps lot better that those two.Also it packs in many features which those OEMs lack .

Zen UI 6 based on Q would be the icing on the cake here .

If you so much like those cheap Chinese OEMs who's stopping you from getting one huh?

Good luck on their forums too it's so toxic and the mods won't give a shit about their user problems.

• This is a much needed features for indian users, please provide ASAP. @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @asus

• @Titan_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS it seems that Asus doesn't much care about indian users. If some feature is not available in EU and carrier in India provide that, please make sure it is provided to us. Even cheaper handset sells in india supports ViLTE, doesn't know why ASUS doesn't provide it.

• edited September 2019

It's not that we do not care about Indian users. We do! But we currently don't have the resources necessary to maintain a separate firmware for India. Maybe there will be eventually if our Indian sales increase but it's a chicken and the egg dilemma. Either we hire a lot of developers before there is a financial foundation hoping that this change will bring a lot of new customers to support such an investment or we wait until we know that India market kan support the extra expenses.

If we knew with all certainty that a feature like this would guarantee enough extra sales to support the cost, then we would do it right away. I hope you understand?

• @Anders_ASUS is there any hope still alive about native video calling or ViLTE?

• cobbencobben Level 2
    edited November 2019

The India version already had VoLTE with Android 9 I noticed.

???

"This is Indian version of Asus 6Z. Here it comes with Volte option."

https://forum.xda-developers.com/zenfone-6-2019/help/fast-charging-problem-asus-6z-t3995599

• @cobben i am talking about ViLTE not VoLTE i.e. Native video calling over LTE network.

• Hi asus we need native video calling on our mobile it is very important feature nowadays and even low range mobiles are coming with this feature.

• What this mean other players not selling mobiles worldwide?

This discussion has been closed.