Home button lag

SreekiranSreekiran Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
I have been noticing a half-a-second lag whenever I press the Home button to come out of apps. Initially I thought it is the fault of the default launcher, but it seems to happen with all 3rd party launchers. Is anybody else experiencing this? Asus Team, can you respond to this please?

Comments

• I am using the stock launcher and i have the same observation. EU AZ6 6/128, latest update.
  • SaranSaran Level 2
    I can see that on my phone too, but it was not there when I bought it. 
  • yes it does take a second or two @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS.. please advise if this will be fixed. 
  • Hi, any particular app where you notice more lag than in others? Do you see this lag every time or will it reduce if you jump back and forth between the app and the home screen?
  • It happens everytime. Irrespective of any app. Even with 3rd party launchers.
  • Hi, any particular app where you notice more lag than in others? Do you see this lag every time or will it reduce if you jump back and forth between the app and the home screen?
    Happens in all apps. 
  • edited August 2019
    I noticed lags me too when navigating with gestures.  I compare with my Xiaomi Mi 9T and the reaction time is much slower on Zenfone.  Same for the fingerprint reader, reaction time longer than Xiaomi. 
  • kooldude7285kooldude7285 Level 3
    edited August 2019
    Hi, any particular app where you notice more lag than in others? Do you see this lag every time or will it reduce if you jump back and forth between the app and the home screen?
    it happens only when going back to home screen and not when switching apps. there is a delay of half a second.... its not instant and happens with every app. here is the video if you can notice 
  • Problem exists with my device too AZ6 6/64 WW, both home button (all navigation options) and fingerprint sensor are showing a half second lag, which wasn't present when at the time of buying the device. "Swipe up on home button" option shows relatively lesser lag but still present.
  • I will forward this to our software developers. Thanks for your feedback!
  • Disable one-handed mode, the issue will be gone. 
  • cornelis said:
    Disable one-handed mode, the issue will be gone. 
    Nice catch found. I disabled the one-handed operation like you suggested and now the home button lag is gone. I guess, it is to allow double tap of home button and not miss the second tap. Cheers.
  • cornelis said:
    Verified this on my device as well. Turning off one-handed mode removes the delay. Excellent observation!
  • _jis__jis_ Level 5
    edited August 2019
    cornelis said:
    I guess, it is to allow double tap of home button and not miss the second tap. Cheers.
    Exactly. Yes, just think about it, it's simple and obvious reason. :)
  • Confirmed. This solution works.
  • Indeed it does work..... thanks... but mods it should work even with one hand mode on.. hope it will be resolved.. @CH_ASUS
  • edited August 2019
    Thank you @cornelis for clarifying this issue. It's nice when users know more about our phones than I do :D 
    I will check if we can reduce this lag for one hand mode
  • No problem,    ?
This discussion has been closed.