Mobile network issue

mammenjmammenj Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
I am not getting consistent mobile network, it often switches from 4g to 3g to 2g and vice versa. I am on Airtel India. This issue never occurred on the Galaxy S7. Please let me know if there is a fix or known issue.

Comments

• mammenjmammenj Level 1
    Another issue, when 4g does not work it does not automatically switch to 3g/4g.
  • KrishKrish Level 2
    yeah ,network signal reception is not good
  • mammenjmammenj Level 1
    edited July 2019
    If I change to global auto, it switches but how do I set this permanently? Is it the right way to fix this issue?
  • KrishKrish Level 2
    got that *#*#4636#*#* 
  • mammenjmammenj Level 1
    Hey Krish, can you remove the image from your quote (it has IMEI #  :cold_sweat:
  • KameshKamesh Level 2
    mammenj said:
    I am not getting consistent mobile network, it often switches from 4g to 3g to 2g and vice versa. I am on Airtel India. This issue never occurred on the Galaxy S7. Please let me know if there is a fix or known issue.

Fun fact that i also switched from samsung s7 then one plus 6 to asus 6z yeah there is signal problem for airtel but for jio its fine but don't know why there are problems for airtel unable to switch modes and very bad reception.
  • _jis__jis_ Level 5
    mammenj said:
    Hey Krish, can you remove the image from your quote (it has IMEI #  :cold_sweat:
    @Anders_ASUS, could you edit that Krish's quote, please?
  • KrishKrish Level 2
    mammenj said:
    how to edit? I think only moderator can do that
  • _jis__jis_ Level 5
    Krish said:
    how to edit? I think only moderator can do that
    In this case yes, because you can only edit your post for 1 day.
    Therefore I asked @Anders_ASUS for help.

• ...And made it reappear on top. Well played :D
  • Krish and _jis_, I deleted the comment for you. Sorry we missed that!
  • I'm struggling with service issues too.  I'm in the US with T-Mobile (Mint) and just transferred my SIM card over to the Z6.  If I'm outside the house I can call just fine but inside I can't make or receive calls.  I had to pop the SIM back in my Pixel XL to make a call Sunday.  Anything I can do to improve this?  Some sort of carrier provisioning need done?
  • T-mobile offers a signal booster that you can install in your home to boost 4G data signals. Perhaps that could work for your use case. 
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14947
This discussion has been closed.