Call quality on Asus Zenfone 6z (Zenfone 6)

Comments

• Hey moderators!! When is "THE" update coming??
  • Hopefully earpiece is installed in Camera module. There is one small hole in Camera module. Which is probably for earpiece If you flip your camera you can see that hole. Also if you talk by flipping  your mobile and by putting ear on camera you will hear louder and clearer voice.  
  • Hopefully earpiece is installed in Camera module. There is one small hole in Camera module. Which is probably for earpiece If you flip your camera you can see that hole. Also if you talk by flipping  your mobile and by putting ear on camera you will hear louder and clearer voice.  
    It's not about loudness. It's about the clarity. The person at other end hears your voice clearly but when he/she speaks and speaks in a quite environment and not crowded place, their is some inherant noise in the earpiece of this phone while at the same time you plug in your earphones or headphones or Bluetooth headsets, the noise is gone!!
    This should be fixed. If this is hardware problem then a lots of people are screwed including me.
  • Well even after the latest update..the call quality still sucks as i cant hear what opp person is talking..always cracking and noise in the background..pl fix this
  • Even with the latest update, call issue still exists and extremely dissatisfied with this phone. Please fix ASAP.
    Anyone check with earphones?
    It's not about loudness. It's about the clarity. The person at other end hears your voice clearly but when he/she speaks and speaks in a quite environment and not crowded place, their is some inherant noise in the earpiece of this phone while at the same time you plug in your earphones or headphones or Bluetooth headsets, the noise is gone!!
    This should be fixed. If this is hardware problem then a lots of people are screwed including me.
    Agreed. I think replacement of earpiece with better one is the only solution. By software it seems impossible. Asus must recall all 6Z phone and rectify this issue.
  • So very disappointing. Just a couple of days and my excitement died. Clearly a design flaw. Thinking of returning it.
  • So very disappointing. Just a couple of days and my excitement died. Clearly a design flaw. Thinking of returning it.
    Best of luck with that!!!

I don't think I will be buying any phone of Asus in the future. I will get over my misadventure with ZenFone 6, but Asus will be the eventual loser for having performed product testing (voice clarity/volume) with hearing impaired people and not average Joe.
  • talukdar.paragtalukdar.parag Level 1
    edited August 2019
    So very disappointing. Just a couple of days and my excitement died. Clearly a design flaw. Thinking of returning it.
    Best of luck with that!!!

I don't think I will be buying any phone of Asus in the future. I will get over my misadventure with ZenFone 6, but Asus will be the eventual loser for having performed product testing (voice clarity/volume) with hearing impaired people and not average Joe.
    Yup, can't return, only replace :(, Asus should recall the phone !Or give the buyer a Bluetooth earpiece..
    Is it possible to return? I am using since 5th of July.
  • We are going to improve the call quality in the next fota. I can't say when because the date can change but it should be this month if nothing unforeseen happens.
  • We are going to improve the call quality in the next fota. I can't say when because the date can change but it should be this month if nothing unforeseen happens.
    I think the call quality is far better than what it was before .167 update.. But if it could get any better then it is more than welcome...
  • I updated the firmware on 1st of July.... I think the quality is slightly improved but it's still not very good....  It's most unfortunate thing that a not so cheap phone cannot accomplish most basic function of phone.... The basic function of any phone.... won't recommend this phone to anyone..   full review coming soon to Flipkart...

Hi
    We have made several improvements to the receiver quality during phone calls. The latest ones being in .189 (WW) or .191 (IN). Could you help check again - as we have gotten confirmation from some users that the quality has improved?
  • hey mod are we expecting any fix through update as the latest update didn't make any difference. it's a big issue and people are not happy about it and some are even considering returning it. it's a great phone no one can deny that and kudos to asus for that but i think basics are not right. Many are 1st time customers and i think you might loose if you don't provide solution. 
    Hi
    We have made several improvements to the receiver quality during phone calls. The latest ones being in .189 (WW) or .191 (IN). Could you help check again - as we have gotten confirmation from some users that the quality has improved?
  • Hi, I just received my phone this week - immediately received the August update.

I've had multiple people say that they can't hear me properly / the background noise is not filtered out.

Is there a setting to adjust the level of noise cancelling?

• Dear moderator even after the recent updates,Call quality is good only while speaking at standstill position. While moving or crowded place the call quality is poor and call reception is poor. I was using Moto X play on the same route where I have to travel from my home to office in Mumbai. Now a days with ASUS6Z I couldn't able to hear and they also didn't receive my voice clearly. Huge disappointing for buying this flagship phone.

• ColorSageColorSage Level 3
    edited September 2019

@rfa I'm not aware of any setting regarding noise cancellation. Maybe one of microphones is covered by a case or a finger while you talk? I don't have anyone complaining about call quality but these microphones tend to pick up wind noise so maybe that's the culprit.

• I think that may be the case, as I am using a case. The worst microphone quality is when I use headphones with an in-line microphone. Will continue to keep my eye on this and other forums ?

• That phone has huge speakers. It's not about price but physics. We have a good quality earpiece in ZenFone 6 but it's relatively small compared to many budget phones with bezels. Most phones with all screen display have made a trade-off on the size of the earpiece speaker. This is why we compare ZenFone 6 with similar phones and in these comparisons we do fairly well. If you live in a loud urban area and use your phone for a lot of phone calls, then this type of phone might not be the best option for you.

This discussion has been closed.