Call quality on Asus Zenfone 6z (Zenfone 6)

Comments

• Hang on. All this complaining. Could it be the user and not the phone? This FAQ might be a solution:
    https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/7175/low-in-call-volume-on-zenfone-6-one-tip-to-easily-solve-this-problem#latest
    If you hold the phone to your ear differently, maybe you don't need to raise the volume as high and there won't be distortion issues. Could it really be this simple? Ear piece location, look at the FAQ.
    Haha, right? All of us, we are apple users and we don't know how to hold the phone... 
  • MisterSavageMisterSavage Level 2
    edited July 2019
    Actually most people probably don't know about the position of the speaker. More volume to that earpiece, the worse the quality. Seems to simple I know. Most people won't admit they might be wrong about an issue and that the fix is nothing more than holding the phone in a different position. Hold the phone differently means less volume required which means higher quality audio. Too simple.
  • Hang on. All this complaining. Could it be the user and not the phone? This FAQ might be a solution:
    https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/7175/low-in-call-volume-on-zenfone-6-one-tip-to-easily-solve-this-problem#latest
    If you hold the phone to your ear differently, maybe you don't need to raise the volume as high and there won't be distortion issues. Could it really be this simple? Ear piece location, look at the FAQ.
    Seems we have another AppleGate Deathgrip like issue in  the making where we have to retrain oursrlfs to hold your ZenFone 6/6Z a specific way or suffer consequences for which the manufacturer is not responsible.
    Let's turn ostrich and the issue will go away!!
  • guys it just has to do with the earpiece position. even i already suggested that to hold the phone at different angle given the fact its earpiece is at the top. just try once it will be much better if not the best and other things are when there is going to be some new innovation there are going to be hiccups initially so let's wait for few more updates. @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS.. please advise 
    We are talking about distortion and noise in earpiece, though less at lower volumn but increases great many times at higher volumn and in noisy conditions!!
  • edited July 2019
    Actually most people probably don't know about the position of the speaker. More volume to that earpiece, the worse the quality. Seems to simple I know. Most people won't admit they might be wrong about an issue and that the fix is nothing more than holding the phone in a different position. Hold the phone differently means less volume required which means higher quality audio. Too simple.
    Nothing to admit here. No matter how i hold the phone, the quality of the call is unacceptably bad if i set the volume higher than 60%. Is that clear?
    You: "More volume to that earpiece, the worse the quality."
    Me: Absolutely not! More volume + cheap speaker= bad quality!
    Read couple of times the post above mine!
  • No, the position does help but I still wouldn't call it acceptable.
  • Very desapointed,
    With last firmware WW_16.1220.1906.167_0 very poor quality, i think poor than the previous, now i can´t understand what the persons told me, need to use a external earphone, if remains i go send it back to ASUS
  • I think the call quality has improved after updating to latest version WW_16.1220.1906.167_0  ... Will still see for the few days but currently i think it is acceptable...
  • I think the call quality has improved after updating to latest version WW_16.1220.1906.167_0  ... Will still see for the few days but currently i think it is acceptable...
    Acceptable for a phone with this price.... Sory but don't agree with tou. 
    Not good for a Brand like Asus and the future phones they go produce, buyers don't go trust is quality if they don't solve issue in the top phone they sell actually 

• Well to be honest the phone isn't highly priced compared to the competition. ASUS hasn't said anything officially about ZenFone availability so to expect them to address hardware issues in some official capacity? Unlikely. Check their social media and you will realize most questions are left unanswered or responses like, "more information coming". Silence seems to be the MO however. They aren't going to come  on here and admit to hardware issues that's for certain. Most companies don't do that. Apple admit any issues? Not until there is a flood of complaints on the web. With few ZenFone 6 until in consumers hands, the voice of complaints is barely a whisper.
  • It's true, the phone isn't highly priced compared to the competition, have great hardware specs. but have a issue in the main function of a phone, the call quality.... Is unbelievable. 
  • m4n15h.r4w4tm4n15h.r4w4t Level 2
    edited July 2019
    For me, call quality is somewhat fine but the receiver buzzes when I talk to someone. I'm pretty sure that is because of camera module as there's a slight vertical play in it which makes it buzz when the sound is produced.
    Even when I receive notifications, I can hear the camera module buzz due to strong vibration of phone. So I had to disable the vibration completely because it was annoying and I was worried too what if it gets loose even more.
  • We would like to know which country and area you're all from? This will help us locate the issue faster.
    From Banglade..  
  • Even after the second update, the background noises are still there. Is this a software issue or hardware issue? 
  • I think this is software issue because the earpiece sounds just fine otherwise!!
  • The problem is not software, is the location of the earpiece, is in the flip camera module, a little hole. You ear never go directly to the speaker in this phone, so don't expect a solution for the this unfortunately. The other phones have a pop up camera like xiaomi 9T or oneplus 7 Pro, have the speaker in the middle of the phone like all phones, and not in the camera module like the zenfone 6. The only solution to better soud is in a call flip the camera, turn the phone and put your ear near the hole of the flip cam open. I don't understand how a brand like Asus sell they top phone witout test the main function of the phone, the simple call!!!
    If you read in the internet have hundreds of owners of zenfone 6 claim this issue. I don't know how asus go solve this problem, its nit a software problem, is a hardware /mechanical problem so the phones need come to factory.. 
  • I have the same experience. Minimal or no improvement after recent update. Asus must recall its phones and equip its 6Z model with better and lounder earpiece and better noise cancellation mechanism.
  • Are we getting any update to improve call quality or not? I have started wondering if it is hardware issue!!
This discussion has been closed.