Call quality on Asus Zenfone 6z (Zenfone 6)

Comments

• I don't noe when it can be fixed?? Asus are you hearing us? 
  • I don't noe when it can be fixed?? Asus are you hearing us? 
    I don't think they can hear or understand us because their Asus ZenFone 6/6z is set at maximum volume. :-P
  • neerajneeraj Level 1
    I got this phone delivered today  on 18th  July and 2019 and  to be honest I am extremely dissatisfied with the call quality issue. It's so pathetic that even if you close other ear and try hear, you can't make out what other person is talking. Please do something as Flipkart in India is not giving any option to return it. I feel cheated as i wasted my hard earned money. Request you to please do something about it... please .....
  • SaranSaran Level 2
    edited July 2019
    I'm gonna spam this thread daily until this issue gets rectified... I can't live with this pathetic call quality.. 
  • I have downloaded the link,next what I wand to do ?

• there gonna be update in one weeks time the mod said.. lets wait for the same
  • The call quality is very poor even after the latest update!  This is unacceptable! A phone is used to call and talk to people. If that itself is not fulfilled then this product should not be called a phone at all!!! 
  • The latest update has improved the call quality, plz update now.
    Yes... It has improved but not by large margin though... But better than previous one ...
     After FOTA 167 update, call quality has definitely improved. Now it is perfect at (Max-1), and almost ok in tonal quality at Max volume. Speech is intelligible and pitch/frequency issue is almost (not 100%, say 60-70%) ok at Max volume, although with a hint of feedback and slight roughness. There is a call volume slider now in the sounds menu.

I would say this update takes us one step closer to getting the best phone.
  • SaranSaran Level 2
    I keep hearing some distortion, screeching sound even after the update. Anyone not experiencing ? 
  • Saran said:
    I keep hearing some distortion, screeching sound even after the update. Anyone not experiencing ? 

Some distortion/screeching is still there, no doubt. But it is definitely much better than what it was, IMHO.
  • Saran said:

Some distortion/screeching is still there, no doubt. But it is definitely much better than what it was, IMHO.
    Yupp...

• Saran said:

I could actually talk to someone without using earphones now...?
  • Is this a hardware or a software issue?
  • I am having the same issue even with the latest update. I can't believe you people screw this essential part up so badly.
  • SaranSaran Level 2
    edited July 2019
    While the latest update improves call quality, the background noise /distortion makes the call quality still terrible. Get it resolved once and for all
  • aarkayy31 said:
    Is this a hardware or a software issue?
    I think this should be software issue because the earpiece while playing songs or watching videos works fine with no distortion. But if this is hardware issue then this should be heartbreaking!!
  • Hang on. All this complaining. Could it be the user and not the phone? This FAQ might be a solution:
    https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/7175/low-in-call-volume-on-zenfone-6-one-tip-to-easily-solve-this-problem#latest
    If you hold the phone to your ear differently, maybe you don't need to raise the volume as high and there won't be distortion issues. Could it really be this simple? Ear piece location, look at the FAQ.
This discussion has been closed.