Call quality on Asus Zenfone 6z (Zenfone 6)

Comments

• Are you guys doing anything to fix the call quality from the earpiece. It's horrible.
  • KrishKrish Level 2
    Are you guys doing anything to fix the call quality from the earpiece. It's horrible.
    just set call volume at 75%
  • We would like to know which country and area you're all from? This will help us locate the issue faster.
  • Same here in INDIA....the call quality is very poor.....very distorted voice....irritates ear...I am claiming for a refund now..
  • Hi,

Even after manually updating to version 156, the sound on maximum volume setting sounds unnatural and distorted. It seems there is a feedback loop on the higher frequency spectrum.

Placement of finger on motor or otherwis doesn't alter the sound in any way.
  • We would like to know which country and area you're all from? This will help us locate the issue faster.
    I would say whoever is reporting this issue is from India, and they bought the 6z online from Flipkart.
    The issue persists even after upgrading manually to WW.156 patch.
  • Please update to the latest FW released this week. We've made some small adjustments to the earpiece.
    If your phone can't find the update when hitting the "Check now" button, then please download it manually from our homepage. I hope you will find the earpiece clarity acceptable after this update.
    Anders_ASUS,
    There is a marginal improvement in the clarity/pitch. However, much needs to be done.
    Setting the phone at any other % is not an acceptable solution as we anyway would need to crank up/max out the volume in noisy conditions.

Please note all of these issues have been reported from India.
  • Please update to the latest FW released this week. We've made some small adjustments to the earpiece.
    If your phone can't find the update when hitting the "Check now" button, then please download it manually from our homepage. I hope you will find the earpiece clarity acceptable after this update.
    I have downloaded the update from link given but unable to update 

Please share steps to update 
    I have downloaded the update from link given but unable to update 

Please share steps to update 
    You can check the steps here : 
    https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1009748

Once the patch is downloaded and the zip file is transferred to the root (/) of internal memory and the USB is disconnected, there will be a notification on the screen about system update being present. Go ahead and apply the update. Once the update is applied, the phone will restart and that's it.

Please make sure you have adequate charge (more than 50%) on your phone before you update the FW.
  • lil work around i found is to hold phone at 45° angular position and not like traditional way we hold it this way earpiece is more closer to ear and keeping volume one less than max. Although the issue is Persistent even after update lets hope asus will make it better. 
  • Pathetic call quality through earpiece. Flipkart denied refund stating it is handset issue and only asus should resolve. 
    From India 
    I would say whoever is reporting this issue is from India, and they bought the 6z online from Flipkart.
    The WW.156 update was a general improvement. The bad call quality you're experiencing in Indian is something different and it will be taken care of in the next update
    The WW.156 update was a general improvement. The bad call quality you're experiencing in Indian is something different and it will be taken care of in the next update
    Thanks for confirming that you know about this and will fix it in next update. I am also from India facing this issue its annoying wavy noise whenever person on call speaks. The call quality is acceptable if call volume is not at highest but then in noisy environment volume is not acceptable. 
    Hello
    Thanks Mod for listening to us! Waiting for update eagerly because this call quality issue has made this wonderful phone look miserable.
    Any expected date of the fix for Indian handsets? This issue has to be fixed urgently if this phone has to make waves in the Indian market. As it stands today, I can't recommend this phone to my friends/colleagues, but if this issue is fixed, well its a different phone!
  • SaranSaran Level 2
    edited July 2019
    I never realized the call quality could be this much worse until I had a call in a medium louder environment.And also the distortion during the call.man, Will we ever get this issue fixed ? Can't even finish a conversation without asking the person on the other end to repeat again...I'm on 16.1210.1906.156.
  • Krish said:
    Thanks Krish. But the sound is not audibly at 75% in outdoor conditions.
    Please Asus fix this asap.
    Are you guys doing anything to fix the call quality from the earpiece. It's horrible.
    just set call volume at 75%

• Hello Mod, can you please confirm the expected date of the update? I have been eagerly waiting to buy this phone but the call issue is stopping me from buying it. Please provide an update on the current situation.

• I purchase my Zenfone 6 in Italy and the problem with the call quality is global , is the same with me , very poor call quality and the sound too. Other serious bugs with the camera software too. Really Asus needs to resolve this issues urgently !!!!
This discussion has been closed.