nstoica2008
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone 9
Firmware Version: ww_32.2050.2050.34
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: allways
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
hello guys! i`m new to the forums but not new to the zenfones.
I have a problem with my zenfone 9. every time i`m connected to my car and the phone is in my pocket, after i answer a call on my car display the display of the phone won`t turn off automatically and i accidentally touch all the buttons. and i repeat the display should automatically turn off because is in my pocket. this problem happened with the zenfone 8 too, so i had to return it. it was incredibally frustrating. everybody kept telling me that they hear that i press the keys. and when i checked (i grabbed the phone out of my pocket) i indeed pressed the keys on the display because it wouldn`t turn off. i have no screen protector, no covers and the phone is 2 days old so it hadn`d had the time to get dirty or accumulate schmutz/lint. the proximity sensor is turned on in the call settings.
i repeat- the same problem i had with the zenfone 8 too and i had to return it, so this is a software/hardware problem. not problems at all when talking with the phone normally, against my chick. please help me. i really like this phone and don`t want to return this too.
4 REPLIES 4

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @nstoica2008,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you please share which car you drive? Also, does this issue occur specifically while using the official phone app or with other apps too?

nstoica2008
Star I
Hey, @Mansi_ASUS ! Thanks for answering. I'm driving a Skoda Scala. I only use the official/default phone app and the connection with the car is made through Bluetooth. The same connection type is made with a galaxy s22, and an iphone. All are working correctly, only the ZenFone is not. This happened with the ZenFone 8 too. After I read other threads around here I noticed that could be a problem with the pocket mode of the phone- not working correctly, it doesn't identify that the phone is in the pocket while it is connected to the car via Bluetooth during a phone call. Sorry for writing so much but I am only trying to give you as much feedback as I can so better understand my problem.

nstoica2008
Star I
Hey! Sorry but I will return this phone too. Sorry to say this, I know the mods have alot on their hands, but my problem persists. I am returning this phone too. Good hardware, poor software. I wish you all the best, I will be returning to Samsung or Apple.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.