Drticool
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2050.2050.29
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus phone app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Hello,
I know this bug is already reported but i did not find any "log" of this problem so I decided to post it one more time.

When i call to someone, the phone will not recongise it is close to my ear. The proximity sensor will simply not activate.. (Or will activate when it is less than 5mm)
With this problem is connected other problem.. It is "Pocket mode" function. The phone unlocks automatically even if it is in my pocket. It is very annoying, because it keeps calling to my friends. I think the proximity sensor will not activate in pocket at all.

And i got another bug. When i call to someone, the numbers (for example: for selecting choices when calling to call-center) will show automatically.

Log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11JG3Zr4p3f1VZt2EZ5Uxu3z51QEMUzfv/view?usp=drivesdk

Video:

Please let me know if you want anything else.

Ps: I do not use any protection glass or anything what could cover the proximity sensor.

2 REPLIES 2

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @Drticool!
Thanks for sharing the log file and the video highlighting the issue. I've forwarded it to the R&D team and will get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.