Video focus issue

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: 32.2050.2050.29
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: very often
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello, I'm having very bad issues with my camera loosing focus, especially in video mode.

It happens especially when filming in a dark environment a bright moving object, but also in bright outdoor light while filming a moving subject, I will attach some samples.

I have tried all camera modes but nothing seems to fix the problem, haven't found much info about it online.

Could it be a hardware issue or is this common and might be fixed with a software update?

Really love this phone but very disappointed by the camera problem

Comments

• Hey @AmRC!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've reported the issue to the R&D team.

• AmRCAmRC Level 1

Thank you! I have contacted local Asus support about this, they suggested a factory reset and if not to send it in for repairs.

The factory reset made no difference but I returned the phone meantime as video is very important for me.

Still curious if anyone has the same issue or it was just a problem with mine. I would get another aagain if I know video is good, I really like the phone.

• AmRCAmRC Level 1

@Mansi_ASUS I bought another Zenfone 9 because I like it so much.

This time I tested the focus issue after each update, it looks like it gets worse after version 32.2050.2050.29.

Also the settings that make it less of a problem are 60fps and normal stabilization, hypersteady and/or 30fps seem to make the focus issue worse.

I hope they can fix this problem, it's the only one I had so far but it's really annoying for me, surprised others don't report this as well.