MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE ASUS ZENFONE 8 (Rant about the phone)
disclaimer : IT IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE ASUS ZENFONE 8 YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY VARY
I will tell here my history with the phone and why I would never buy an asus phone ones again
1) I bought the phone at july (2021) last year, I liked it and the battery did not seem bad
2) started facing inconveniences like the weak battery stock camera lags and overall overheating
3) updated to android 12 system apps started crashing with visual bugs that was fixed (ones in a while it comes back)
4) the phone died on me (like many others experienced too). I repaired it (mainboard swap (lost all of the 30GB of flacs)) and it came out of the service center working really quite well
5) after 2 good months and some updates the phone started to work like crap and i had to factory reset when it was practically unusable
6) noticed that the camera still lags after a year and after a factory reset (its july 2022)
7) august its working like crap again (for example when i want to switch to the phone speaker on a phone call while connected to bt headphones it would show me that it did it but no, and I have to restart the phone so it would work properly or a simple thing, even the flashlight would not turn on from the first time)
8) today(after a year and a half of the phone being in the market):in the stock app, stock rom, the camera freezes and glitches out on 4k 60 and lags on 1080p 60 (ive attached examples) not even to talk about the horrible ram management, literally every app load up at the second I close it. it even takes like 10 seconds to take a pic in whatsapp, its not normal.
In conclusion the phone is not reliable. can't even go out without a power bank after 2 months of not factory resetting and using the phone it always gets bad, laggy and ive even had days when i had to restart the phone 3 times a day.
ITS NOT OKAY FOR A BIG COMPANY LIKE ASUS, I WOULD EXPECT THIS USER EXPERIENCE ON A 150-200$ PHONE NOT A 700$ PHONE!
FEELS LIKE AN UNFINISHED PRODUCT, LIKE THE USERS ARE THE BETA TESTERS.
im disappointed and RN im searching for an alternative and never gonna recommend asus phones to
friends and family.