This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to revert icons back to their default look?

orionov
Star II
So i was messing with icon packs for a while, and after seeing many of them i've decided to go back to the default icons look, but i cant find an option to revert an icon back to its default image. The only way i know of is to reinstall individual apps but some apps i rather not delete as i have important info in there, so im looking for other options.
The phone itself doesnt seem to have any setting regarding icons (android 12, build - 31.1010.0411.122).

4 REPLIES 4

drfilkor
Star I
Same problem here with a zenfone 9
Suprised how uncustomizable icons and theme are...

keren_ASUS
Hi @orionov 
If you uninstall the app you used to change the appearance of the apps, it should revert back to normal. I just tested it using x Icon Changer and also an icon pack.

orionov
Star II
keren_ASUS

Hi @orionov 

If you uninstall the app you used to change the appearance of the apps, it should revert back to normal. I just tested it using x Icon Changer and also an icon pack.

View post
Thats the obvious thing to do, but it doesnt really work like you say it would.
I've uninstalled the icon pack app but they were still there, even after a system reboot. However, every day or so i see one or more icons reverting back to normal (stock) appearance, as if its a disease slowly being cured. Weird af i know.
Its been 10 days since i've posted this question and from ~20 icons getting the makeup treatment by that app, its now down to 4 icons with that icon pack theme. My theory is that every few days, a few random apps are getting an update in the background which pushes a new (stock) icon into the homescreen.

This is the icon pack app btw (cant post full links apparently, just put dots instead of spaces) -
play google com/store/apps/details?id=ddt.destroyer.icon.pack

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.