Zenfone 9 is slower that Zenphone 8 !

kahlensi
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): TomTom Go, Locus Map Pro, etc.)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When i start apps simultaneous on my Zenphone 9 and my Zenfone 8, my 8 is much faster than the 9 !!
TomTom Go: 8: 4 sec 9: 6 sec
Locus Maps Classic: 8: 1 sec 9: 2 sec
Weather Pro: 8: 2 sec 9: 4 sec
4 REPLIES 4

martinparker28
Rising Star II
Just think of all those things you can do while waiting an extra 2 seconds.... 😏🙄

Alex_1968
Star I
Although I think that TS can appreciate the joke there still is no answer to the question (on the other hand: was there an actual question? 😉)
There can be a lot of reasons why a phone with a faster CPU can be somewhat slower with opening apps. Of course 1 or 2 seconds slower are not the end of the world but I understand you want to know why this happens.
Are the phones otherwise identical (e.g. same amount of (free) RAM etc.)?
Is this delay only on those three apps or with all apps?

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
This doesn't surprise me as the Zenfone 8 was faster in Android 11 than it is with Android 12. I never compared when I had both phones (the 8 was the keeper btw).

Try turning off Optiflex and all that preloading jazz in the settings, and comparing after a reboot. Also make sure to kill the apps so they are not cached as that will speed up the load times.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.