Phone app doesn't correctly recognize local characters

Guciu
Star III

Model Name: Asus Zenfone 9 8/128GB
Firmware Version: 30.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone app

The official phone app (as all phone apps) should works with T9 language searchin option. And it is.
However, it doesn't recognize local characters (polish letters at least). Even if I change to English or system language in the options.
Result is that if I want to search: Paweł it is starting to recognize: 7 (P), 2 (A), 9 (W), 3(E) but it is lost when I press last button which should be 5 for L, Ł or whatever other letter is similar to english "L".
========================================

5 REPLIES 5

Mattias_ASUS
Thanks for the info!
Will let the team know.

Guciu
Star III
Mattias_ASUS

Thanks for the info!

Will let the team know.

View post
Thank you. I like that you are in touch with community and trying to implement fixes.
I signed up for Android 13 Beta program but I have not been chosen. Is there a possibility to force it by you?

Mattias_ASUS
Guciu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233444#Comment_233444

Thank you. I like that you are in touch with community and trying to implement fixes.

I signed up for Android 13 Beta program but I have not been chosen. Is there a possibility to force it by you?

View post
Hi! I sadly can't force the update 😕
But I got a reply from the R&D team, turns out the T9 supports only the following languages: Chinese, English, and Русский.
Any other language-specific characters might not show up.

Guciu
Star III
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233521#Comment_233521

Hi! I sadly can't force the update 😕

But I got a reply from the R&D team, turns out the T9 supports only the following languages: Chinese, English, and Русский.

Any other language-specific characters might not show up.

View post
I am sorry but this is a joke 🙂 I have never had issue with that in any of my phone before.
How you can sell the phone if in almost all languages there are specific characters? German, Spanish, Polish or whatever. It can be only english supported but it should automatically convert during searching language specific characters to English like:
Ł -> L
Ó ->O
Ą ->A
etc.
This is how it works in other phones.