Spilled tomato juice on keyboard

tbtolivertbtoliver Level 1
edited November 18 in Commercial
  1. System: "What do you mean?"
  2. Battery or AC: "I don't know"
  3. Model: FX506L
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Just today
  5. Reset OS: Windows 10
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I was eating near my laptop (I know, I shouldn't have done that), normally I put a cover over my laptop keyboard so I can still read on it but not worry too much about food on my computer but today I forgot to put the cover on.

I bit into a tomato and the juice squirted onto my keyboard between the [enter] key and the NUM pad. I immediatly turned off the computer and disconnected it from power. What do I do from here?

Do I need to wait and will all be good?

Do I need to clean out the laptop from the inside? Can I clean it from the inside?

Normal laptops are very hard to open to clean and usually break when you do but I notice mine has just simple Phillip head screws connecting it.

Comments

  • @tbtoliver

    Please refer to the following FAQ for information.

    Recommended procedures when any liquid is accidentally spilled onto the notebook or keyboard

    1. Please turn off the notebook, remove the battery (for removable battery models), and unplug the AC adapter immediately.
    2. Wipe and the liquid on the laptop and keyboard with a clean paper towel.
    3. Move the laptop near the sink, and rotate it by 90 degree in order to pour the liquid that remains in the notebook.
    4. Wipe the notebook and keyboard again with a clean paper towel.
    5. Leave the notebook to dry for at least 24 hours.
    6. Note: NEVER use a hair dryer to dry the notebook since the heat could possibly deform it.
    7. After the notebook has been dried properly, try to turn it on. If the notebook is still functional, please backup all your important files.
    8. Even if the notebook is still functional, it is strongly recommended to contact ASUS service center and arrange an inspection and maintenance in order to prevent any malfunction potentially caused by oxidation and corrosion.


  • I did most of that when it happened, steps 1-6 (including NOT using a hair dryer). So I turn it on yesterday so it has been more than 24 hours and it does work. I was mostly worried about the juice and if it needs to be cleaned up from the inside.

  • @tbtoliver

    Please also refer to this.

    8. Even if the notebook is still functional, it is strongly recommended to contact ASUS service center and arrange an inspection and maintenance in order to prevent any malfunction potentially caused by oxidation and corrosion.

    Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

  • Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.